Better Living TV Theater
|Better Living TV Theater|
|Starring||Fischer Black (moderator)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||ABC (1953)
|Original release||June 21, 1953 – August 29, 1954|
Better Living TV Theater was an early American television program originally broadcast on ABC and later on the now defunct DuMont Television Network. The documentary series, featuring moderator Fischer Black, ran from 1953 to 1954. The ABC version was a summer replacement series which aired on Sunday afternoons. The final ABC broadcast occurred on August 16, 1953.
On April 21, 1954, the DuMont Network began to air the series in prime time. Better Living TV Theater aired on Wednesday nights at 10:30 pm EST, until June, when the program was moved to Sunday nights. The final broadcast was on August 29, 1954.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- McNeil, Alex (1980). Total Television (4th ed.). New York: Penguin Books. ISBN 0-14-024916-8.
- Brooks, Tim & Marsh, Earle (1964). The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows (3rd ed.). New York: Ballantine. ISBN 0-345-31864-1.
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1