Betül Cemre Yıldız
|Betül Cemre Yıldız|
Betul Cemre Yildiz
16 May 1989|
|Peak rating||2379 (October 2012)|
Betül Cemre Yıldız (born 16 May 1989) is a top female chess player from Turkey. She is a Woman Grandmaster (WGM), and won the Turkish women's championship eleven times in total. She became in 2004 Woman International Master (WIM), and was awarded the title Woman Grandmaster in 2012, becoming the first ever Turkish WGM. Betül Cemre won the bronze medal at the World Under-18 Girls Championship of 2007 and at the World Junior Girls Championship of 2009.
Betül Cemre was born on May 16, 1989 in Adapazarı. She began chess playing at the age of nine, interested while watching her older brothers playing with her father. However, the ambitious girl was ignored by her brothers. So, she attended the chess course at her school without letting her family know about it. Her father was against her participation at tournaments. She, however, took part at her first tournament and won all the seven games and became İzmir champion at her age group.
She represented her country two years later at the Chess Olympiad. Betül Cemre became in 2003 FIDE master and the next year WIM.
Betül Cemre Yıldız studied law at the Dokuz Eylül University in Izmir and economics at the Anadolu University in Eskişehir by distance education. After completing her studies, she started a lawyer profession.
- Turkish Chess Championship (women's section)
- 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015 – champion
- 2007 World Youth Chess Championship U18 Girls - Bronze Medal
- 2009 World Junior Chess Championship U20 Girls - Bronze Medal (shared 1st place)
- 2012 Istanbul Chess Olympiad 2nd Board - Bronze Medal
- 2016 1st Women's World Championship Turkish Draughts - Bronze Medal
- WORLD YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP 2007 (18G) Chess-Results
- "Vachier-Lagrave, Soumya win World Junior". ChessBase. 2009-11-04. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- "Betül Cemre Yıldız, Türk Satrancı'nın ilk kadın büyükustası oldu". Zaman (in Turkish). 2011-12-07. Retrieved 2012-08-30.[permanent dead link]
- Women's World Championship Turkish Draughts
- Betül Cemre Yıldız rating card at FIDE
- Betül Cemre Yıldız player profile and games at Chessgames.com
|This biographical article relating to a Turkish chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|