This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Bevan Andrew Slattery|
|Occupation||investor, entrepreneur and chief executive|
|Known for||Founder of PIPE Networks, Superloop|
Bevan Andrew Slattery is an Australian technology entrepreneur. He has built a number of businesses that handle data and telecommunications. Slattery was listed at number 14 on BRW's list of the 100 wealthiest Australians under 40 in 2011, with a net worth of $103 million.
Bevan grew up in Rockhampton, Queensland, where he attended Frenchville State School. He graduated from North Rockhampton State High School in 1988, then attended Central Queensland University, which later awarded him an honorary MBA. He worked for the local government in his home town.
Bevan has built IT and telecommunications businesses in Australia for nearly twenty years. More recently (2014) he expanded to Singapore and Hong Kong and again in 2015 into the USA and Europe.
He founded Megaport in 2013, which is technology networking business.
Slattery was inducted into the CommsDay Hall of Fame in 2017 for his major contribution to the development of Australia's telecommunications industry.
|1998||Co-Founder||iSeek||cloud, data centre and connectivity provider|
|2001||Co-Founder||PIPE Networks||telecommunications infrastructure provider|
|2010||Founder||NEXTDC||data centre provider|
|2012||Founder||AsiaPacific Data Centre||data centre real estate trust|
|2012||Co-Founder||SubPartners||submarine cable developer|
|2013||Co-Founder||Biopixel||filming company specialising in natural history behavioural sequences for both clients and its own specialist library|
|2013||Founder||Megaport||offers scalable bandwidth for public and private cloud connections, metro ethernet, and Data Centre backhaul as well as Internet Exchange Services|
|2014||Founder||Superloop||fibre network infrastructure provider for the Asia Pacific region with networks in Singapore and Australia|
|2015||Founder||Cloudscene||world's largest directory of colocation data centers, cloud service providers and interconnected fabrics|
- Ramli, David (21 April 2015). "NBN internet prices may be world's most expensive". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- "Tinkler tops young rich list". Yahoo7. 22 September 2011. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- Redrup, Yolanda (14 January 2016). "Meet Megaport's Bevan Slattery, Australia's unknown tech success story". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Teens take software from concept to code". Central Queensland University. 18 November 2014. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- Heber, Alex (25 May 2015). "Shark Tank tech investor Steve Baxter still loves paper-based systems". Business Insider. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- "Bevan Slattery". The Australian. 19 March 2013. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- Swan, David (9 April 2015). "Bevan Slattery's Superloop appoints new CEO". Business Spectator. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- "Superloop Founder & CEO Bevan Slattery Inducted into CommsDay's Hall of Fame". Superloop. 17 March 2017. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Snapshot of Bevan Slattery's Success". The Morning Bulletin. 22 August 2015. Retrieved 7 September 2015. – via HighBeam Research (subscription required)