Bhadant Anand Kausalyayan
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Bhadant Anand Kausalyayan|
Bhadant Anand Kausalyayan
5 January 1905|
Sohana Village, Ambala District, Punjab, British India
|Died||22 June 1988
|Occupation||Writer, essayist, scholar|
|Notable works||Yadi Baba Na Hote, Kahan Kya Dekha|
Bhadant Anand Kausalyayan (5 January 1905 – 22 June 1988) was a Buddhist monk, scholar, traveller and a prolific writer from India. He is considered as one of the great activists of Buddhism of the 20th century. He was influenced by the Buddhist scholar and social reformer Mahapandit Rahul Sankrityayan and B. R. Ambedkar.
Bhadant Anand Kausalyayan was born Harnam Das on 5 January 1905 in Sohana Village of Ambala District in Punjab. He did BA from National College in Lahore. His travels took him to different parts of World for promoting Buddhism like his mentor, Mahapandit Rahul Sankrityayan. He always wanted to have experience of travelling far distances across many countries and discover new things. His aim was to continue the tradition started by his inspirations. He is one of the pioneers of Indian travel literature.
He contributed a lot to Indian travel literature and Hindi. He worked for Hindi Sahitya Sammelan, Prayag, Rastrabhasha Prachar Samiti, Vardha etc. He used very simple language in his books that everyone can easily understand. He wrote many essays, novels, books on his travel to different places. He also wrote many books on Buddhism. More than 20 of his books were published.
Ambedkar left behind lacs of Buddhist followers who were in need of strong Buddhist(religious) leader, particularly in Maharashtra. Kausalyayan travelled and guided Maharashtrian Buddhists and also translated Ambedkar's work The Buddha and His Dhamma into Hindi. He also traced and collected original resources from Pali Tripitika and other Buddhist literature, which Ambedkar had not done.
- Bhikkhu Ke Patra
- Jo Bhula Na Saka
- Aah! Aisi Daridrata
- Yadi Baba Na Hote
- Rail Ke Ticket
- Kahan Kya Dekha
- Desh Ki Mitti Bulati hai
- Bauddha Dharma Yek Buddiwadi Adhyayan
- Shri Lanka
- Hindi and Punjabi translation of Buddha and His Dhamma by Dr B R Ambedkar
- Manusmriti kyon Jalai Gai?
- Bhagwad Gita ki Buddhiwadi Samiksha
- Ram Kahani Ram ki Jabani
- An Intelligent Man's Guide to Buddhism
- ' 'Bodhidrum ke kuch panne
- Dharm Ke Naam par
- bhagvan buddha aur unke anuchar
- bhagvan buddha aur unke samkalin bhikshu
- Boudh dharma ka sar a hidi translation of essence of buddhism by P l Narsu
- Bhadant Anand Kaushalyan jeevan va karya – by Dr. M.L. Gautam (Life and work of Ven. Dr. Bhadant Anand Kausalyan)
- Avashyak Pali (Basic Pali) – by Ven. Dr. Bhadant Anand Kaushalyayan
- The Gospel of Buddha : Translation by Ven. Dr. Bhadant Anand Kaushalyan of the book – The Gospel of Buddha by Paul Carus
- ' 'Dhammapada Hindi translation
- ' 'Riddles of Hinduism hindi translation of Babasaheb ambedkars book
Bhadant Anand Kausalyayan died on 22 June 1988.