Bharati-class interceptor boat
Coast Guard Interceptor boat C-154
|Name:||Bharati-class interceptor craft|
|Operators:||Indian Coast Guard|
|Displacement:||107 tonnes (105 long tons; 118 short tons)|
|Length:||27.6 m (90 ft 7 in)|
|Beam:||6.17 m (20 ft 3 in)|
|Draught:||1.2 m (3 ft 11 in)|
|Depth:||3.1 m (10 ft 2 in)|
|Speed:||35 knots (65 km/h; 40 mph)|
|Complement:||1 officer and 12 enlisted|
The vessels in the series have an aluminum hull, and have a length of 28 meters, with beam of 6 meters and draught of 1.2 meters. They are powered by twin MTU Caterpillar engines having capacity of 1630 kW each. They have Articulate Surface Piercing Propulsion and can attain a speed of more than 35 knots. The vessels can perform high-speed interception, close-coast patrol, low-intensity maritime operations, search-and-rescue and surveillance. They have a complement of one officer and 12 sailors. They are being constructed as per a ₹2.81 billion (US$42 million) contract signed with the Ministry of Defence, which was announced on 6 March 2009.
The first Bharati-class interceptor boat has IRS no. 40567 and its pennant no. is C-154. It was commissioned in Mumbai on 22 February 2013 in the presence of Maharashtra Chief Secretary J.K. Banthia and S.P.S. Basra, Inspector General (IG), Coast Guard Region (West).It was constructed by Bharati shipyards units at Vasco Da Gama
Ships of the class
|C-154||22 February 2013||Mumbai|
|C-155||14 May 2015||Karwar|
|C-156||12 March 2016||Pipavav|
|C-158||12 April 2016||Goa|
- Cochin Fast Patrol Vessels
- L&T fast interceptor craft
- ABG fast interceptor craft
- Swallow Craft Class
- AMPL Class
- IR Class ship info
- "Bharati Shipyard bags Rs 281 cr defence contract". Business Standard. 6 March 2009. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Nirmal New Online".
- "New interceptor boat joins Coast Guard". The Hindu. 2013-02-22. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-03-14.
- "Coast Guard commissions four boats at Porbandar". timesofindia-economictimes. Retrieved 2015-12-27.
- "Indian Coast Guard commissions new vessel at Porbandar". The Indian Express. 2016-03-12. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- "Indian Coast Guard Ship C- 156 commissioned at Porbandar". DeshGujarat. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- "Coast Guard interceptor boat commissioned". indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2016-04-25.