|Directed by||P. S. Gopalakrishna|
G. V. Iyer
|Produced by||P. S. Gopalakrishna|
G. V. Iyer
|Written by||G. V. Iyer|
|Screenplay by||G. V. Iyer|
K. S. Ashwath
|Music by||G. K. Venkatesh|
|Distributed by||Ananthlakshmi Pictures|
Bhoodana is a 1962 Indian Kannada film jointly directed and produced by G. V. Iyer and P.S. Gopalkrishna. The film stars Rajkumar, Kalyan Kumar, Udaykumar and K. S. Ashwath in the lead roles. The film has musical score by G. K. Venkatesh.
The movie starred Rajkumar, Kalyan Kumar and Udaykumar - all 3 in full-fledged roles in a single movie for the only time in their career. All 3 had also worked together earlier in Gaali Gopura, however, Udaykumar only had a special appearance in that movie. Also, this is the only movie in which Rajkumar played the role of father to Kalyan Kumar and Udaykumar. This is also the only movie where Leelavathi played the role of Rajkumar's daughter.
The theme of the movie was based on Vinoba Bhave's Bhoodan movement and also takes its inspiration from the novel Chomana Dudi by K. Shivaram Karanth. The movie also speaks about the religious conversion of the marginalized. S. K. Bhagavan had revealed that while working as an assistant on this movie, they had approached Shivaram Karanth to procure the rights of Chomana Dudi to make it into a movie. However, Karanth refused to officially sell the copyrights but permitted them to make a movie based on the story.
- "Bhoodana". paaru.in. Archived from the original on 9 January 2015. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- "Bhoodana". upperstall.com. Archived from the original on 9 January 2015. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- "Junk Mail–Trivia on Cinema". South Scope. Vol. 1 no. 10. July 2010. p. 13. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- Ganesh, Deepa (16 May 2016). "Bhoodana: the classic at 55". The Hindu. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "Rajkumar movies based on novels". Udayavani.com. 29 August 2019. Retrieved 20 September 2020.