This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Esmeralda Calabria, Andrea D'Ambrosio|
|Starring||Raffaele Del Giudice, Antonio Montesarchio, Mario & Patrizia Gerlando, Mario Cannavacciuolo, Sabatino Cannavacciuolo|
|Distributed by||Lumiere & Co|
Biùtiful cauntri (Italian transcription of the pronunciation of the English phrase "Beautiful country") is a 2007 Italian documentary film about illegal toxic waste dumping in Southern Italy. It was directed by Esmeralda Calabria and Andrea D'Ambrosio and written by Calabria, D'Ambrosio and Peppe Ruggiero. It focuses on the progressive poisoning of thousands of square miles of Southern Italian agricultural land and the deadly effects upon people, animals, and plant life in the areas of Caserta and Naples, and behind that the interwoven relations between the Italian government, corrupt pseudo-legitimate businessmen, and the Italian organized crime group, the Camorra. A secondary focus of the film is governmental inaction, in some cases lasting over a decade and a half, despite the pleas of the people affected.
Release and book
It was premiered in November 2007 at the Torino Film Festival, where it received a special mention. It was then released in ten Italian movie theaters in March 2008. On 15 July 2008 the film was released in France, where it received a positive review from Le Monde. The film was released on DVD along with a 90-page book published under the Senza Filtro imprint of Biblioteca Universale Rizzoli.
- 2008 Nastro d'Argento "Best Documentary"
- 2008 Italian Golden Globes "Best documentary"
- 2009 Giancarlo Siani Prize - First Prize "Ex Aequo" for Audiovisual Media (16 October 2009)
- Naples waste management issue
- Environment of Italy: Ministry of the Environment and Italy#Environment
- Ecomafia (in Italian Wikipedia)
- Capital punishment in Italy
- http://www.torinofilmfest.org/index.php?action=detail&id=8265[permanent dead link]
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "premiosiani.it/edizione2009". Retrieved 2011-12-28.
- 3sat.online. "3sat.online". 3sat.de. Retrieved 2011-12-28.
-  Archived December 3, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- "Libera informazione - Blog Napoli". Blognapoli.it. 2009-10-13. Archived from the original on 2011-10-09. Retrieved 2011-12-28.
- "I Giovani democratici guardano Biutiful Cauntri". TerlizziLive.it. Retrieved 2011-12-28.
- "I GIOVANI DELLA FOCSIV IN CAMPANIA E AD ACERRA DAVANTI ALL'INCENERITORE - ilmediano.it - l'informazione online". ilmediano.it. 2009-10-18. Archived from the original on 2012-02-29. Retrieved 2011-12-28.
- "l'informazione online". ilmediano.it. Archived from the original on 2012-02-29. Retrieved 2011-12-28.
|This article related to an Italian film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This documentary film article about environmental issues is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|