Bi-Rite Market is a grocery store in San Francisco, California, owned and operated by chef Sam Mogannam, who had previously worked at Jardinière in the city. He and his brother Raphael took over the grocery store from his family in 1997, and began to sell prepared foods using locally grown produce, which he advocates. Mogannam spoke at TEDxPresidio 2012 on reinventing capitalism. Fast Company profiled him as one of the 100 most creative people in business for 2012. The market runs a non-profit community food education project, 18 Reasons. The store is a pioneer in the new farm-to-grocery store movement, and has published a book, Eat Good Food (Ten Speed Press). Whole Foods Market has sent staff to the store to adopt practices from there. The store opened a second location, in the Divisadero Street Commercial District, in the Western Addition neighborhood, in 2013.
- "Bi-Rite Market run by a chef, Sam Mogannam", San Francisco Chronicle, December 14, 2012
- "Bi-Rite Market", Speciality Food website profile, June 1, 2010
- "Local Grocer Cultivates a Following, Looks to Grow", Wall Street Journal, June 6, 2012
- Lucchesi, Paolo (17 September 2012). "Watch Sam Mogannam of Bi-Rite talk food, community and panzanella parables". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- "Most Creative People 2012". Fast Company. 27 April 2012. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- Lucchesi, Paolo (10 June 2010). "A second Bi-Rite Market grows on Divisadero, and 18 Reasons getting a new Mission space, too". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- "Bi-Rite Market Pioneer in the New Farm-to-Grocery Store Movement, The Atlantic Monthly, November 2011
- Goodfriend, Wendy (8 December 2011). "KQED's Forum: Bi-Rite Market's 'Eat Good Food'". KQED.org. KQED. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- "Cornering the market", San Francisco Magazine, October 20, 2011
- Ross, Andrew S. (13 March 2013). "Bi-Rite cements Divisadero's star status". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- Fineman, Julie Ann (August 3, 2016). "Bi-Rite Market: A Sustainability Success Story". The Huffington Post. Retrieved August 8, 2016.
- Official website
- Bi-Rite Market press coverage
- Eat Good Food at Random House/Ten Speed Press website
- Sam Mogannam, speaker at TEDxPresidio 2012
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|