Big Deal Music
Big Deal Music, founded in September 2012 is a publishing company specializing in new talent. The roster currently includes: My Morning Jacket, Sleater Kinney, Ray LaMontagne, St. Vincent, The Afghan Whigs, Dan Wilson, Martie Maguire & Emily Robison, Jim James, Sharon Van Etten, The Black Angels, Ethan Johns, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Missy Higgins, FIDLAR, Wye Oak, Birds of Tokyo, Underworld and Jonathan Wilson, and songwriters Brett Beavers, Tim James, Brad Tursi, John Ryan, Dave Sitek, Matt Morris and Matt Mahaffey. The company is administered by BMG and Peermusic.
Big Deal Music was founded by longtime Chrysalis Music colleagues Kenny MacPherson, Jamie Cerreta and Dave Ayers. Headed by MacPherson, the trio is joined by principles Michael MacDonald, Pete Robinson and Casey Robison.
- "Sleater-Kinney sign co-publishing deal with Big Deal Music and BMG | News | Music Week". www.musicweek.com. Archived from the original on 2015-06-18. Retrieved 2020-01-28.
- "Publishing Briefs: Round Hill Music Signs Tesla, Trey Bruce; Big Deal Music Nabs Ray LaMontagne; Downtown Renews Neon Trees". Billboard.
- "St Vincent signs new publishing agreement with Big Deal Music | News | Music Week". www.musicweek.com. Archived from the original on 2018-02-21. Retrieved 2020-01-28.
- "Big Deal/BMG Chrysalis JV signs Dan Wilson | News | Music Week". www.musicweek.com. Archived from the original on 2018-02-21. Retrieved 2020-01-28.
- Thompson, Gayle. "Martie Maguire and Emily Robison Land Music Publishing Deal". The Boot. Archived from the original on 2017-07-15. Retrieved 2020-01-28.
- "Big Deal Signs Up With BMG". Billboard.
- "Big Deal Music Signs Administration Agreement with BMG". March 25, 2013. Archived from the original on June 12, 2018. Retrieved January 28, 2020.
- "Peermusic inks deal to sub-publish Big Deal Music in multiple territories". Music Business Worldwide. September 27, 2017. Archived from the original on August 10, 2018. Retrieved February 20, 2018.