Big Game TV
|Big Game TV|
|Launched||13 May 2005|
|Sky Digital||Channel 849|
Big Game TV (stylised as BIG Game TV!) was a live phone-in quiz channel that was broadcast via Sky Broadcasting in 2005. It released a spin-off, The Hallmark Channel Quiz on 6 March 2006, which was shown on The Hallmark Channel. The show used only three of the presenters.
Big Game TV Productions added The Daily Quiz! 13 March 2006. This show aired on ITV Play and on Men & Motors seven days a week and featured a selection of Big Game TV's presenters. ITV ended their involvement with Big Game TV due to fraud allegations in May 2006.
Big Game TV was the subject of a City of London Police investigation brought by the BBC Radio 4 programme You and Yours in May 2006 over allegations that receptionists were told to ignore all incoming calls for long periods of time while 150-200 calls per minute were charged 75p each. The channel was later called before a parliamentary committee.
After investigating, the City of London Police said no charges would be brought against the channel.
- Published Thursday, 26 May 2005, 5:47am EDT (26 May 2005). "Big Game TV joins Sky lineup - Tech News". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- BBC Report
- BIG Game TV - The Fraud Squad Raids by the BBC for the BBC Radio 4 programme You and Yours, broadcast 19 May 2006, retrieved 27 May 2006.
- Published Monday, 27 November 2006, 10:41am EST (27 November 2006). "MPs quiz broadcasters over gameshows - Media News". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "TV quiz tricks exposed by whistleblower". This is Money. 25 January 2007. Archived from the original on 29 January 2007. Retrieved 2007-01-25.
- ntl remove Big Game TV from channel line up by Cable Forum, created 7 June 2006, retrieved 7 June 2006.
- This Is Money (25 January 2007). "TV quiz tricks exposed by whistleblower". This is Money. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Big Game TV". UKGameshows. Retrieved 2012-05-22.