Bikers for Christ
||Pastor Fred Zariczny
Bikers For Christ, or BFC is a Christian ministry for motorcyclists founded in 1990 by Pastor Fred Zariczny (A.K.A. "Pastor Z"), who pastors Rushing Wind Ministries in Oceanside, California, the associated church under which the organization operates. Bikers for Christ was originally a ministry of Calvary Chapel in Marysville, California. There are currently hundreds of chapters with thousands of members worldwide. Paul Crouch Jr. with the Trinity Broadcasting Network has recognized BFC as one of the largest Christian motorcycle ministries in the world. In a 2010 radio interview with Christian metal radio program The Full Armor of God Broadcast, Zariczny mentions that BFC has Chapters in Belgium, Lithuania and Sweden. BFC sponsors several motorcycle events to raise money for the handicapped, underprivileged and disabled. BFC also sponsors events to honor Vietnam Veterans where a 370-foot (110 m) mini replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall is displayed publicly. Pastor Fred is also known for his Christian tattoos after having the BFC membership patch logo tattooed on his back by Kim Saigh on LA Ink.
- ^ Pastor Z Article in North County Times. Nctimes.com (October 7, 2007). Retrieved on January 3, 2012.
- ^ Warren, Jim. (September 5, 2009) Lexington Herald Leader. Kentucky.com. Retrieved on January 3, 2012.
- ^ Bikers for Christ Chapter Database Archived February 18, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- ^ TBN Magazine. (PDF) . Retrieved on January 3, 2012.
- ^ The Full Armor of God Broadcast. Podcast.fullarmorradio.com (February 16, 2010). Retrieved on January 3, 2012.
- ^ http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1645528.php
- ^ BFC Article in North County Times. Nctimes.com (March 26, 2007). Retrieved on January 3, 2012.
- ^ BFC Article in North County Times. Nctimes.com (April 14, 2010). Retrieved on January 3, 2012.