This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bill Dobbins (born 1943) is an American photographer who specializes in bodybuilding, physique and fitness photography. In particular, Dobbins is well known for his work in photographing female bodybuilders and has published two books of images on the subject, The Women and Modern Amazons.
Dobbins was associated with Ben Weider and bodybuilding organizations such as the IFBB and NPC. Dobbins is also an author and writer for physique magazines. He has collaborated with Arnold Schwarzenegger on several books, including Arnold's Bodybuilding For Men and The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding.
Career and history
After working in Europe, predominantly in the music industry, Dobbins returned to America to work as a radio producer, primarily at WNBC and WABC in New York City. He eventually moved to California where he became involved with the original Gold's Gym. During this period Dobbins met several male bodybuilders, such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, and undertook promotional work for the gym. This attracted the attention of Joe Weider, and Dobbins began writing for Muscle & Fitness, eventually being made a founding editor of Flex magazine.
- Dobbins, Bill (1994). The Women: Photographs of the Top Female Bodybuilders. Eating Well Books. ISBN 1-885183-01-1.
- Dobbins, Bill (2002). Modern Amazons. Köln: Taschen. ISBN 3-8228-1291-9.
- "BIOGRAPHY AND CREDITS". BILL DOBBINS. https://web.archive.org/. Archived from the original on March 4, 2000. Retrieved 11 April 2013. External link in
- Dobbins, Bill; Schwarzenegger, Arnold (1981). Arnold's Bodybuilding for men. New York: Simon and Schuster. ISBN 0-671-25613-0.
- Schwarzenegger, Arnold (1999). The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding : The Bible of Bodybuilding, Fully Updated and Revised. New York: Simon & Schuster. ISBN 0-684-85721-9.