|Born||William Rawlinson Marsh
Whitfield, Kent, England
|Died||19 December 1995
London, United Kingdom
William Rawlinson "Billy" Marsh (1917 – 19 December 1995) was a British theatrical agent. Widely known as the “doyen of theatrical agents”, he was the founder and namesake of Billy Marsh Associates, a renowned entertainment agency, in recent times representing the likes of Jon Culshaw, Esther Rantzen and Fiona Phillips. He is the only theatrical agent ever to be subject of the BBC biographical documentary series This Is Your Life.
He worked for Bernard Delfont's London Management company, with responsibility for stars including Morecambe and Wise, until 1987 when he formed his own talent management agency Billy Marsh Associates, which survives him. In 1991, he founded his own show business promotions company, appointing friend and protégé Johnny Mans as managing director and partner, eventually becoming Johnny Mans Productions.
On 17 June 1996, his ashes were interred underneath the stage at The London Palladium, alongside an honorary plaque "in recognition of his belief, encouragement and kindness to countless talented performers, many of whom have become legends upon this stage".
- Green, James (22 December 1995). "Obituary: Billy Marsh". The Independent. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- "The History of Billy Marsh". Billy Marsh Associates, Avalon Group. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- "Avalon management group buys Billy Marsh Associates". The Guardian. 16 April 2015.
- "That's Entertainment". Big Red Book. 28 March 1990.
- "Johnny Mans Productions - Contact". Johnny Mans official website.
- "Directors & Company Secretary Timeline". Companies House.
- "BBC Radio 4 - Great Lives - Series 17 Episode 2 of 9". BBC. December 2008.
|This British biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|