Yash Birla Group
Move ahead, Stay ahead
|Public company (BSE: 500335)|
|Founder||Raja Baldeo Das Birla|
|Yashovardhan Birla (Chairman)|
|Products||Steel, Information technology, Education, Textiles, Publication, Lifestyle, Travel & Power, Financial service, Infrastructure,|
|Revenue||₹30 billion (US$470 million)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Melstar Information Technologies, Birla Shloka Edutech|
Yash Birla Group is Indian industrial conglomerate group based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Its chairman Yashovardhan Birla, is a member of the Birla family. The group has diversified interest in industries like steel pipes, machine tools, cutting tools, tool holders, iron castings, power solution products, multipurpose engines pumps, electrical appliances, textiles, carpets, furnishing, lifestyle, infotech, publication, travel, electricity, property development, cotton ginning etc. The Group traces it origins to the businesses started by various members of the Birla family. The group today has 10 publicly listed subsidiaries in India. The group is currently facing major financial and legal bottlenecks.
Zenith Birla (India) Ltd: Zenith Birla (India) Limited was incorporated in 1960 and commenced its commercial production in 1962. ZBIL, a flagship company of Yash Birla Group is a pioneer in Manufacture and Exports of Steel Pipes, Tubes and Hollow Sections from India. The Company's plants are located at Khopoli, Tarapur & Murbad. The Khopoli Plant has a complete Manufacturing and Residential complex for its employees with facilities of School, Club House, Guest House, Temple and Auditorium.
- Birla Pacific Medspa -Bse India -stock Trading was suspended due to non compliance from June 2015.
- Birla Power
- Birla Infrasolutions Ltd
- Birla Precision Technologies Limited
- Birla Transasia Carpets Ltd,
- Birla Perucchini Ltd,
- Birla Electricals Ltd
- Birla Lifestyle Ltd,
- Birla Concepts (India) Pvt. Ltd
- Shloka Infotech Ltd,
- Birla Cotsyn (India) Ltd
- Melstar Information Technologies
The logo of group is a conch.
- Gopi Birla School - Mumbai
- Ashok Birla Apollo Hospital
The Yash Birla group runs the following charitable trusts:
- Matri Seva Sadan Charity Trust
- Birla Industries Group Charity Trust
- Ashok Charity Trust
- Sujata Birla Charity Trust
- Shardadevi Birla Memorial Foundation
- Raja Baldeodas Birla Charitable Trust
- Japanese Budh Mandir Vihar Trust
- Sunanda Medical Institute
- Sunanda Educational Society
- Sunanda Charitable Society
- Shree Ram Mandir Society
- Madhu Mangal Society
- Ashok Birla Foundation
- Sunanda Birla Foundation
- Sujata Birla Foundation
- Pasurakashak Mandal Trust Thane
- "Yash Birla group plans to set up 200 schools". The Hindu Business Line. 8 May 2009. Retrieved 9 January 2011.
- "Yash Birla Group to invest Rs 5,500 cr in power, lifestyle". Business-standard.com. 18 March 2010. Retrieved 9 January 2011.
- Yash Birla slapped with Rs 2-crore cheating case
- Birla Power Solutions Ltd. - FD Interest
- "The Yash Birla Group". The Yash Birla Group. 29 January 2009. Retrieved 9 January 2011.
- Lenders file suits against Birla Power for payment defaults - Economic Times
- Yash Birla Group companies in deep trouble? - Moneylife
- How to get your money back from Yash Birla group companies - Moneylife
- zenith birla Complaints
- Yashovardhan Birla resigns from boards of four listed group companies - Economic Times
- Yash Birla firm faces Rs 1,000-cr loan recall | Business Standard
- Yash Birla Group set to re-establish appliances biz - The Economic Times
- The Hindu : Andhra Pradesh / Hyderabad News : Yash Birla group forays into education
- "Yash Birla Group gulps Melstar - Business news". Siliconindia.com. Retrieved 9 January 2011.