Tonk, India in 1901
|Died||Delhi, India, in 1977|
The Urdu poets of Tonk preferred the style and mannerism of Momin to that of Ghalib. A master of classic diction Bismil Saeedi wrote mainly ghazals. He was a recipient of Ghalib Award and Nehru Award.
A collection of his ghazals titled Auraq e Zindagi was published by P.K.Publications in the year 1971. And, another collection of his ghazals, selected and compiled by Makhmoor Saeedi, titled Intikhab e kalam e Bismil Saidi was published by the Urdu Akadmi, Delhi. In 2007 his complete works titled Kulliyat e Bismil Saeedi were published by the Sahitya Akademi. His other poetical works are Mushhidat, Kaif e Alam and Nishat e gham.
In 2011, Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University awarded the Ph.D. Degree to Sabiha Kausar Badruddin Ansari on her doctoral dissertation – “Bismil Saeedi – Hayat aur Shairi” (Bismil Saeedi – Life and poetry). A detailed appraisal of his life and works titled Bismil Saeedi-shakhs aur shair compiled jointly by Gopal Mittal, Makhmoor Saeedi and Prem Gopal Mittal was published by Nishanil Akademi, New Delhi, in 1976. Zia Fatehabadi, also a disciple of Seemab Akbarabadi, had through his 1975 nazm, Bismil e ghazal, eulogised his senior whose takhallus, Bismil, means, “the wounded”.
- Auraq e zindagi
- Intikhab e kalam e Bismil Saeedi
- Kulliyat e Bismil Saeedi
- Kaif e Alam
- Nishat e gham
- "Urdu Authors: Date list as on 31-05-2006 – S.No. 490 –Bismil Saeedi; maintained by National Council for Promotion of Urdu, Govt. of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development". Urducouncil.nic.in. Retrieved 2012-09-29.
- "Authors". Global Urdu Forum. 1977-08-26. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
- "aboutme – smtaweem". Sites.google.com. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
- Summary Technical Report of Division 18, NDRC – United States. Office of Scientific Research and Development. National Defense Research Committee, Clyde Williams, Vannevar Bush, James Bryant Conant – Google Boeken. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
- Intikhab-i kalam-i Bismil Saidi. "Intikhab-i kalam-i Bismil Saidi: Bismil Saidi: 9788171211234: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
- Kulliyat-e-Bismil Saeedi (URDU). "Kulliyat-e-Bismil Saeedi (URDU): Bismil Saeedi: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
- "Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University" (PDF). Nagpuruniversity.org?links. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
- "Bismil Saʻīdī : shak̲h̲ṣ aur shāʻir (Book, 1976)". [WorldCat.org]. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
- Mehr Lal Soni Zia Fatehabadi. Soch ka Safar. New Delhi: Bazm e Seemab. p. 74.
“Bismil e ghazal”::Kal shaam naagahaan sar e raah mil gaii mujhe
Fitane qadam qadam pe jagaatii huii ghazal
Poochhaa ki aaj paae safar kaa hai rukh kidhar
Bolii nazar jhukaa ke, lajjaatii huii ghazal:
Kahatii hoon dil kii baat jo phaelii hai shahar mein
Pardah hi uth gayaa hai to tujh se chhupaaoon kyaa
Mahboobaa jis kii hoon, miraa mahboob hai vahii
Soda hai kis dayaar kaa sar mein, bataaoon kyaa
Garamii hai bazm e sh’er mein jis kii nawaaon se
Mere khadang e naaz kaa bismil vahii to hai
Sargardaan koo ba koo hoon main jis kii talaash mein
Dilbar miraa vahii, miri manzil vahii to hailine feed character in
|quote=at position 65 (help)