1977 (aged 75–76)|
The Urdu poets of Tonk preferred the style and mannerism of Momin to that of Ghalib. A master of classic diction Bismil Saeedi wrote mainly ghazals. He was a recipient of Ghalib Award and Nehru Award.
A collection of his ghazals titled Auraq e Zindagi was published by P.K.Publications in the year 1971. And, another collection of his ghazals, selected and compiled by Makhmoor Saeedi, titled Intikhab e kalam e Bismil Saidi was published by the Urdu Akadmi, Delhi. In 2007 his complete works titled Kulliyat e Bismil Saeedi were published by the Sahitya Akademi. His other poetical works are Mushhidat, Kaif e Alam and Nishat e gham.
In 2011, Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University awarded the Ph.D. Degree to Sabiha Kausar Badruddin Ansari on her doctoral dissertation – “Bismil Saeedi – Hayat aur Shairi” (Bismil Saeedi – Life and poetry). A detailed appraisal of his life and works titled Bismil Saeedi-shakhs aur shair compiled jointly by Gopal Mittal, Makhmoor Saeedi and Prem Gopal Mittal was published by Nishanil Akademi, New Delhi, in 1976. Zia Fatehabadi, also a disciple of Seemab Akbarabadi, had through his 1975 nazm, Bismil e ghazal, eulogised his senior whose takhallus, Bismil, means, “the wounded”.
- Auraq e zindagi
- Intikhab e kalam e Bismil Saeedi
- Kulliyat e Bismil Saeedi
- Kaif e Alam
- Nishat e gham '
- "Urdu Authors: Date list as on 31-05-2006 – S.No. 490 –Bismil Saeedi; maintained by National Council for Promotion of Urdu, Govt. of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development". Urducouncil.nic.in. Archived from the original on 2012-03-01. Retrieved 2012-09-29.
- "Authors". Global Urdu Forum. 1977-08-26. Retrieved 2012-09-27.[permanent dead link]
- "aboutme – smtaweem". Sites.google.com. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
- Summary Technical Report of Division 18, NDRC – United States. Office of Scientific Research and Development. National Defense Research Committee, Clyde Williams, Vannevar Bush, James Bryant Conant – Google Boeken. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
- Intikhab-i kalam-i Bismil Saidi. "Intikhab-i kalam-i Bismil Saidi: Bismil Saidi: 9788171211234: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
- Kulliyat-e-Bismil Saeedi (URDU). "Kulliyat-e-Bismil Saeedi (URDU): Bismil Saeedi: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
- "Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University" (PDF). Nagpuruniversity.org?links. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
- "Bismil Saʻīdī : shak̲h̲ṣ aur shāʻir (Book, 1976)". [WorldCat.org]. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
- Mehr Lal Soni Zia Fatehabadi. Soch ka Safar. New Delhi: Bazm e Seemab. p. 74.
“Bismil e ghazal”::Kal shaam naagahaan sar e raah mil gaii mujhe :Fitane qadam qadam pe jagaatii huii ghazal :Poochhaa ki aaj paae safar kaa hai rukh kidhar :Bolii nazar jhukaa ke, lajjaatii huii ghazal: :Kahatii hoon dil kii baat jo phaelii hai shahar mein :Pardah hi uth gayaa hai to tujh se chhupaaoon kyaa :Mahboobaa jis kii hoon, miraa mahboob hai vahii :Soda hai kis dayaar kaa sar mein, bataaoon kyaa :Garamii hai bazm e sh’er mein jis kii nawaaon se :Mere khadang e naaz kaa bismil vahii to hai :Sargardaan koo ba koo hoon main jis kii talaash mein :Dilbar miraa vahii, miri manzil vahii to hai