|Type of business||Private Subsidiary of BTV247, Inc.|
|Type of site||video sharing|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, U.S.|
|Alexa rank||21,390,854 (April 2014[update])|
(required to upload)
BlackTV247 is an Internet-based video website which features Black inspired programming.[further explanation needed] The site has over 16 different channels and claims to have the world's largest library of Black inspired programming.
BlackTV247 employs a two-pronged programming strategy whereby it both hosts programming on its own network and links to programming hosted on external networks. Although the majority of the programming on BlackTV247 is produced by third parties, the site also broadcasts its own original programs including, The Best of BlackTV247.com and BlackTV247 News.
As of February 2010[update], BlackTV247 has over 16 different channels including TV. Film, Comedy, Sports, Shorts, Music Video, Critic's Choice, Faith Based, Politics, Dance, Business, International, Education, Music Programming, Lifestyle and Haiti Relief.
BlackTV247's sister company, BTV Productions, provides the network and its affiliates with original programming. Examples of the type of original programming that appears on BlackTV247 includes The Trial of Huey Newton, developed in partnership with the Dr. Huey P. Newton Foundation, BlackTV247 News and the Best of BlackTV247.com, which features Miss Brittany Bell, Miss Arizona USA 2010.
Over 75% of BlackTV247's content is viewable from anywhere in the world.
- "Blacktv247.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Black Culture Goes Front & Center With the Launch of BlackTV247.com". January 27, 2010. Archived from the original (Press Release) on March 16, 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-11.
- "Black Culture Goes Front & Center With the Launch of BlackTV247.com" (Press Release). January 27, 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-16.
- "BlackTV247.com Announces Black History Month Channel" (Press Release). February 2, 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-16.
- "Cynopsis: Digital - Website of the Day" (Digital Newsletter). February 4, 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-16.