From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Black Friday in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Black Friday may refer to:
- Black Friday (partying), the last Friday before Christmas in the United Kingdom
- Black Friday (shopping), the day following Thanksgiving in the United States
- Good Friday or Black Friday, a Christian observance of Jesus' crucifixion
- Friday the 13th, in some Western countries
- Black Friday (1869), the Fisk-Gould Scandal, a financial crisis in the United States
- Black Friday (1873), the crash of the Vienna Stock Exchange that precipitated the Panic of 1873
- Black Friday (1881), the Eyemouth disaster in which 189 fishermen died
- Black Friday (1910), a particularly violent women's suffrage event in England
- Black Friday (1919), the Battle of George Square, a riot stemming from industrial unrest in Glasgow, Scotland
- Black Friday (1921), the announcement of British transport union leaders not to call for strike action against wage reductions for miners
- Black Friday (1939), a day of devastating bushfires in Victoria, Australia
- Black Friday (1944), a disastrous attack by the Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) of Canada near Woensdrecht during the Battle of the Scheldt
- Black Friday (1945), an Allied military operation during the Norwegian campaigns in World War II
- Black Friday (1960), San Francisco City protest against the House Un-American Activities Committee
- Black Friday (1978), a massacre of protesters in Iran
- Black Friday (1987), a tornado in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Black Friday (1993), a series of bomb explosions in Mumbai, India
- Black Friday (Maldives), a 2004 crackdown by government forces in Malé, Maldives, on peaceful protesters
- Black Friday (2005), an event in which tribal students were killed in Meghalaya, India
- Black Friday (2011), an event in which several online poker sites were seized as a result of United States v. Scheinberg et al.
- Black Friday (2015), a string of terrorist attacks on June 26, 2015 in France, Kuwait, Somalia, Syria and Tunisia
- Black Friday (2016), the day after the United Kingdom European Union membership referendum, 2016 took place with a result of the United Kingdom deciding to leave the European Union. The result caused financial markets to lose the equivalent of over 2 trillion United States dollars on this day, making it the worst single day drop in history.
Film and television
- Black Friday (1940 film), an American film starring Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi
- Black Friday (2004 film), an Indian film about the 1993 Bombay bombings
- Black Friday (2009 film), a Canadian short film starring Jeff Hammond
- "Black Friday" (South Park), a 2013 episode of South Park
- Black Friday (Muchamore novel), a 2013 CHERUB novel by Robert Muchamore
- Black Friday (Patterson novel), a 1986 novel by James Patterson
- Black Friday (Faderhead album)
- Black Friday (Indian Ocean album)
- Black Friday (Jay Rock mixtape)
- Black Friday (Lil' Kim mixtape)
- "Black Friday" (Steely Dan song), a 1975 song by Steely Dan from Katy Lied
- "Good Mourning/Black Friday", a 1986 song by Megadeth from Peace Sells... but Who's Buying?
- 1979 Revolution: Black Friday, a 2016 video game by iNK Stories
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Black Friday.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.