|Founder||Craig Black, Michelle Black|
Blackstone Audio is one of the largest independent audiobook publishers in the United States, offering over 10,000 audiobooks. The company is based in Ashland, Oregon with five in-house recording studios. Blackstone distributes directly to consumers on their e-commerce site, as well as to the library market with titles from Blackstone, Hachette, HarperCollins, BBC and Disney Press.
Blackstone was founded in 1987 by Craig and Michelle Black of Oregon.
In August 2012, Blackstone launched an audiobook e-commerce website, Downpour.com, providing Blackstone audio titles as well as other publisher's titles to the retail market. In January 2013 the company was acquired by AudioGO for an undisclosed sum. Ten months later, in October of that year, AudioGO sold Blackstone back to the Black family, with the UK arm of AudioGO ceasing business operations as it sought a buyer or investor.
- "Blackstone Audio - About Us". Blackstone Audio Inc. Retrieved September 6, 2010.
- "FEDLINK Services Directory: Blackstone Audiobooks". Library of Congress. Retrieved September 6, 2010.
- "First thoughts on Downpour: DRM-free and beta-testing (updated)". The AudioBookaneers. 2012-10-11. Retrieved 2014-10-29.
- "Downpour.com–an audiobook delivery system that just works". SFFAudio.com. 2013-03-06. Retrieved 2014-10-29.
- "Downpour.com". Download.com. 2014-01-05. Retrieved 2014-10-28.
- "AudioGO Acquires Blackstone Audio". Publishers Weekly. January 4, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "AudioGO suspends business operations". The Bookseller. 22 October 2013. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Blackstone Audio buys AudioGO US arm". Publishers Weekly. 23 October 2013. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- "Blackstone up for Grammys". Ashland Daily Tidings. 2011-12-12. Retrieved 2014-11-13.
- "2014 Audie Award winners". Library Journal. 2014-06-12. Retrieved 2014-11-13.