Type of site
|Owner||Corey Stanford, Nathaniel Casey, and Ronald Harrison|
Blazetrak is a website that was launched in November 2009 by entrepreneurs Corey Stanford, Nathaniel Casey, and Ronald Harrison, to connect unknown artists, producers, and songwriters with music industry professionals that would provide feedback on songs uploaded for their review.
Users are able to choose which professional they want to submit their work to, and pay a fee that varies depending on the person they select. Submissions are critiqued by the professional; comments are recorded on video and forwarded to the user. Professionals reported to be participating have included Big Boi, Infinity, Shawn Stockman, Paul Worley, Kalle Engstrom, and Ruben Studdard.
Uses for the site have included official auditions for record, production, and publishing contracts by label owners like Andre Harrell, creator of Uptown Records and former President of Motown Records; talent managers like Pussycat Dolls creator Robin Antin; and producers like Rodney Jerkins. By the end of 2011 Blazetrak featured over 400 celebrities and experts, with more than 50,000 users from 202 countries.
- Michelle Goodman (December 2011). "Starting a Business to Fund Your Startup Idea". Entrepreneur. Retrieved August 16, 2012.
- Georg Szalai (August 15, 2009). "Web Startup Links Music Biz Professionals, Novices". Billboard. Archived from the original on September 23, 2012. Retrieved August 16, 2012.
- "Behind The Music". Forbes. June 22, 2011. Retrieved August 16, 2012.
- Alejandro Bracetti (Feb 8, 2010). "Blazetrak, Trail Blazin'". The Source. Archived from the original on May 28, 2010. Retrieved August 16, 2012.
- Andrew Graham (August 20, 2009). "Site To Connect Users, ‘Untouchable’ Professionals". NYConverge. Retrieved August 16, 2012.
- Brenna Ehrlich (March 28, 2011). "Startup Gives You Direct Access to Famous Musicians & Professionals". Mashable. Retrieved August 17, 2012.
- "ANDRE HARRELL EXTENDS GLOBAL TALENT SEARCH ON BLAZETRAK.COM". Vibe. December 29, 2011. Retrieved August 16, 2012.
- "Pussycat Dolls faz testes para novas integrantes". Jornal do Brasil. March 31, 2011. Retrieved August 16, 2012.
- Gabriella Landman (July 27, 2010). "Jerkins, Blazetrak Team For Talent Search". Billboard. Archived from the original on January 15, 2013. Retrieved August 17, 2012.