|Studio album by Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats|
|Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats chronology|
Background and production
Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats member Kevin Starrs initially placed the songs on MySpace and YouTube where they developed a fanbase who requested an album. For their first album, Volume I they created approximately 30 CD-R copies of the album and with the money made for those releases, the group put into recording Blood Lust with better recording equipment. The album was recorded in a friend of Starrs garage. Starrs mentioned that the band "really did fall apart when we made Blood Lust." At the end of recording, the remaining members were the drummer and Starrs.
Like Volume 1, Blood Lust was initially released as a CD-R album with about 100 copies made. Blood Lust was re-released by Rise Above Records in 2011 on vinyl. Starrs stated that when Rise Above released the album, he regrouped new members for the band to continue work on future albums.
AllMusic critic Eduardo Rivadavia was positive in his assessment of the album, stating that "none of this is exactly groundbreaking [...] but Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats make it work nonetheless on the strength of their convictions about this peculiar period and its music, ultimately proving yet again that great songs will always transcend the most recycled of building blocks."
All songs written by K.R. Starrs.
|1.||"I'll Cut You Down"||5:01|
|3.||"Over and Over Again"||3:20|
|4.||"Curse in the Trees"||4:38|
|5.||"I'm Here to Kill You"||3:40|
|8.||"Withered Hand of Evil"||6:14|
|9.||"Down to the Fire"||5:28|
- Heaney, Gregory. "Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats". AllMusic. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats Blood Lust". Rise Above Records. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- Bennet, J. (18 July 2014). "Uncle Acid Speaks". Noisey. Vice. Retrieved August 11, 2015.
- "Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats "Blood Lust"". Metal Blade. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "Blood Lust - Uncle Acid and the Deatbeats". AllMusic. Retrieved August 11, 2015.