|Founded||United States, (June 1, 1999)|
|Headquarters||Huntington Beach, California, United States|
Number of locations
|Revenue||$11.1 million, USD (2013)|
Number of employees
Bob's Watches is an online marketplace for the resale of Rolex watches based in Huntington Beach, California. The company is the first to introduce and offer used watches through a process called the Rolex Exchange in which they list the buy and sell price of each timepiece. They have a patent filed in the United States as the only e-commerce company to utilize the exchange concept.
Bob's Watches was founded in 1999 as a seller of various watch brands and models. The company was purchased in 2010 and relaunched as an exclusive reseller of Rolex, modeled after the New York Stock Exchange. Bob's Watches lists several models of Rolex that they have in stock on the site and potential buyers can see the amount that the company pays for each model alongside the cost of the watch in order to gauge the value of a purchase; the Exchange relies on financial transparency in order to gain consumer trust.
The Internet has allowed for a growing market of luxury watch sellers, due to the investment holding value. Since its acquisition and repurposing as an exclusive Rolex reseller, the company has been listed on the Inc. 500 and profiled by lifestyle and men's magazines such as Maxim.
- Altieri, Paul (January 31, 2014), The Pre-Owned Rolex Exchange: The Official Price Guide, Createspace Independent Pub, ISBN 1494962705. A self-published manual by Bob's Watches CEO Paul Altieri explaining his perspective on how to shop for used luxury watches.
- "Bob's Watches – Westminster, CA". Inc.
- Stults, Kyle (November 18, 2013). "Making a Market in Pre-Owned Rolex: Bob's Watches". Perpetuelle.
- Ferrell, David (March 21, 2013). "Good Times Return for Rolex Watches". Orange County Register.
- Biggs, John (March 12, 2014). "Bob's Watches Streamlines the Rolex Market with an Electronic Exchange". Tech Crunch.
- Murphy, Jr., Bill (February 14, 2014). "5 Things That Drive Away Customers". Inc.
- "Interview with CEO of Bob's Watches Paul Altieri". Fratello Watches. May 12, 2014.
- Adams, Ariel (April 30, 2014). "The Booming Market For Selling Your Luxury Timepiece Online: How Recommerce Is Dominating The Pre-Owned Watch World". Forbes.
- Burmon, Andrew (October 1, 2013). "The Case for Used Luxury Watches". Men's Journal. Wenner Media.
- Burmon, Andrew (August 20, 2014). "Custom Rolexes Aren't Cool". Maxim.
- Official website
- In Defense of Rolex Watches, written by Altieri and published by AskMen
- Patent application #20120233038 for a Watch Exchange