Bodwell High School
|Bodwell High School|
955 Harbourside Drive
|School type||Private, day and boarding, international university-preparatory high school|
|Motto||Education for a Changing World / Strength in Diversity|
|Principal||Cathy Lee, Stephen Goobie|
|Staff||Housam Hallis, Janice Wong, Jeri Canderan, Jens Nissen, Shannon Hare|
|Enrollment||650 (Fall 2018)|
Bodwell High School was founded in 1991 in the City of Vancouver and is a non-denominational, co-educational day and boarding school, offering grades 8 to 12 and university preparation. In September, 2003, the school moved into its new facility on Harbourside Drive in North Vancouver, overlooking Burrard Inlet and the Vancouver harbour. Bodwell's purpose is to "provide a culturally diverse environment for students from around the globe, and enable them to become active learners and well-rounded citizens who contribute positively to the world."
Bodwell's courses follow the Provincial Curriculum prescribed by the British Columbia Ministry of Education. Students who fulfill the graduation program receive a high school graduation diploma issued by the Ministry of Education. Junior and senior grades are specialized to best fit the needs of Bodwell students.
As of the Fall 2016 Term, Bodwell students represented over 40 countries.
School culture & philosophy
The Bodwell motto or school slogan is "Strength in Diversity" and "Education for a Changing World"
Bodwell may be named after one of the first settlers in Vancouver whom had ties with the CPR Railway.
Bodwell High School won the Study Travel Magazine prize for 'STM Star High School Award' in 2014 and again in 2015. In June 2015, Bodwell won the Excellence in International Education Marketing Award from the BCCIE.
Bodwell High School is certified by the British Columbia Ministry of Education.
Bodwell High School is a member of the British Columbia Council for International Education (BCCIE), the Federation of Independent Schools British Columbia (FISA), Study in British Columbia, Imagine Canada, the Canada Eurasia Russia Business Federation (CERBA), and the Brazilian Educational & Language Travel Association (BELTA).
School teams & activities
Athletic teams and clubs
- Boys Basketball
- Boys Soccer
- Boys Volleyball
- Boys Swimming
- Boys Track and Field
- Girls Basketball
- Girls Volleyball
- Girls Swimming
- Girls Track and Field
- Co-ed Badminton
- Co-ed Softball
- Outdoor Adventure
- Cross Country Running
- Ski and Snowboard
- Floor Hockey
- Table Tennis
- Track & Field
- Yoga & Stretching
Performing art clubs
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-08-22. Retrieved 2014-08-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-09-28. Retrieved 2014-09-28.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-10-12. Retrieved 2014-09-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2014-09-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-04-10. Retrieved 2014-09-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- http://www.belta.org.br/spp/278/bodwell+high+school[permanent dead link]