||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (July 2013)|
Borja (right) on the ball for Alcorcón in 2012
|Full name||Francisco de Borja Pérez-Peñas Díaz-Mauriño|
|Date of birth||1 April 1982|
|Place of birth||Madrid, Spain|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Santa Maria Pilar|
|2006–2007||→ Alicante (loan)||24||(12)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3 May 2015.
Early years / Alcorcón
Borja was born in Madrid. After a brief passage at Real Madrid's youth system he made his senior debuts with neighbours CD Leganés, scoring five goals in 37 games in an eventual 2004 relegation from Segunda División.
Borja moved to Real Valladolid in the 2005 summer, but could only appear for its reserves during his spell, being loaned to Alicante CF in his second year after which he was released. He joined the same team permanently – still in Segunda División B – helping it promote in his third season.
In the 2009 summer, following Alicante's relegation, Borja stayed in division three, joining AD Alcorcón. On 27 October 2009 he scored twice against Real Madrid in the season's Copa del Rey for a final 4–0 home routing, taking his tally against this club to six (he had netted already four times in different seasons in the tournament); Alcorcón won 4–1 on aggregate.
On 16 August 2012 it was announced that Borja had signed for Scottish Premier League side Kilmarnock on a one-year deal, after spending some weeks on trial. Two days after he made his debut, coming on as a substitute in a 1–2 home loss against Motherwell.
In May 2013, Borja extended his contract with the East Ayrshire side until 2015. Kilmarnock changed manager the following month however, and, in August, he returned to his country after transferring to CD Tenerife.
- Borja Pérez tendrá que buscarse un nuevo equipo (Borja Pérez will have to look for new club); El Norte de Castilla, 27 June 2007 (Spanish)
- Alcorcón: llega Borja (Alcorcón: Borja arrives); esFutbol, 16 July 2009 (Spanish)
- Lowe, Sid (27 October 2009). "Real Madrid thrashed by lowly Alcorcón in Copa del Rey". The Guardian. Retrieved 21 April 2011.
- "Borja Perez joins Kilmarnock until the end of the season". BBC Sport. 16 August 2012. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- "Murphy brace sinks Killie". ESPN Soccernet. 18 August 2012. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "Errors hurt Tangerines". ESPN Soccernet. 25 August 2012. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "Borja Perez signs new contract until 2015". BBC Sport. 9 May 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- "Tenerife announce signing of Kilmarnock midfielder Borja Perez". STV. 12 August 2013. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Kilmarnock star Borja Perez: Playing here is an education for me ahead of career in law". Daily Record. 7 October 2012. Retrieved 11 October 2012.