Brad Turner (director)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Bayfield, Ontario, Canada
|Occupation||Film director, television director, television producer, photographer|
Brad Turner (born June 22) is a Canadian film director, television director and photographer.
Life and career
In all he has directed thirteen films, and over two hundred episodes of television. He has been nominated six times for Gemini Awards for directing, and in 2004 he won one for his work in the CBC mini series Human Cargo. He also has won two Directors Guild of Canada Awards for the same production. In 2005, Human Cargo was also given a Peabody Award. Turner has also won a Manitoba Film Award for Best Director in a television film and has been nominated for an American Cable Ace Award for Best Director.
Brad also has a love for fine art, and owns the Turner Gallery which sells and promotes living Canadian artists. The gallery is located in his home town of Bayfield, Ontario.
On the fifth season of 24 he became one of the main directors on the show directing half the season with Jon Cassar. He started as a producer that season and a supervising producer on season 6, season 7 as a co-executive producer. In the eight and final season he was promoted to executive producer, also directing the series finale. He won a Primetime Emmy Award in 2006, as part of the show's production team.
Some of his other television directing credits include Airwolf, 21 Jump Street, La Femme Nikita, Mutant X, The Outer Limits, Alias, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate SG-1, Smallville, Homeland and among other series.
Turner is also a photographer. Many of his photos can be viewed on his official website.
- The Shannara Chronicles (2016–present)
- Stargate Atlantis (6 episodes, 2004–2006)
- Stargate SG-1 (8 episodes, 1997–2005)
- Alias (1 episode, 2005)
- Smallville (1 episode, 2005)
- Las Vegas (2 episodes, 2005)
- 24 (38 episodes, 2004–2010)
- Battlestar Galactica (Episode 1.8 Flesh and Bone, 2004)
- The Outer Limits (17 episodes, 1995–2002)
- La Femme Nikita (9 episodes, 1998–2001)
- Andromeda (6 episodes, 2001–2005)
- Jeremiah (2 episodes, 2002)
- Blade: The Series (1 episode, 2006)
- Bones (2 episodes, 2009)
- Hawaii Five-0 (8 episodes, 2010-2011)
- The Secret Circle (1 episode, 2011)
- Homeland (1 episode, 2011)
- Nikita (2 episodes, 2012)
- Alcatraz (1 episode, 2012)
- Psych (3 episodes, 2013-2014)
- Goofballs (1987)
- Paris or Somewhere (1994)
- Roswell: The Aliens Attack (1999)
- Must Be Santa (1999)
- The Inspectors 2: A Shred of Evidence (2000)
- The Wandering Soul Murders (2001)
- A Colder Kind of Death (2001)
- Jinnah – On Crime: Pizza 911 (2002)
- The New Beachcombers (2002)
- Jinnah: On Crime – White Knight (2003)
- Black Widow (2003)
- Human Cargo (2004)
- Species III (2004)
- Prison Break: The Final Break (2009)
- "Primetime Emmy Awards and Nominations for Brad Turner". Primetime Emmy® Award Database.