Farmland south of Brampton Abbotts
|Brampton Abbotts shown within Herefordshire|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Hereford and Worcester|
|EU Parliament||West Midlands|
Brampton Abbotts is a village and civil parish in Herefordshire, England. It is located 2 km north of Ross-on-Wye and 16 km south east of Hereford. The village lies near the western terminus of M50 motorway.
In the south of the parish, at the boundary with Weston under Penyard and Ross Rural parishes, is the hamlet of Rudhall. Rudhall House is a Grade I listed 14th century manor house. The core of the original building is timber framed on a sandstone plinth. The house was extended in the 16th and 17th centuries and restored in the 19th century but the interior retains many period features.
- "Population of Herefordshire Parishes, 2001" (pdf). Herefordshire Council. 2004. Retrieved 2010-12-04.
- Hereford & Ross-on-Wye (Explorer Map 189) (A2 ed.), Ordnance Survey, 2009, ISBN 978-0-319-24097-7
- "List of Parish Councils and Contacts" (xls). Herefordshire Council. Retrieved 2011-04-30.
- Pevsner, Nikolaus (1963). The Buildings of England - Herefordshire. New Haven and London: Yale University Press. p. 81. ISBN 978-0-300-09609-5.
- "Landscape Origins of the Wye Valley parishes - Brampton Abbotts". Archenfield Archaeology. 2008. Retrieved 2011-04-30.
- "British Listed Buildings - Rudhall House". British Listed Buildings. Retrieved 2011-04-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brampton Abbotts.|