|No. 35 – Toronto Argonauts|
November 1, 1993|
|Height:||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight:||208 lb (94 kg)|
|High school:||Daleville (AL)|
|Roster status:||Practice roster|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at CFL.ca|
Brandon Barnard Burks (born November 1, 1993) is an American professional gridiron football running back who is currently playing for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League. He played college football at Troy. Burks was signed by the Green Bay Packers as an undrafted free agent in 2016. He has played also for the New York Jets.
Burks attended Troy, where he played college football for the Trojans.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|5 ft 9 in
|4.56 s||1.52 s||2.63 s||4.18 s||6.88 s||37 in
|10 ft 0 in
|All values are from Pro Day|
Green Bay Packers
After going undrafted in the 2016 NFL Draft, Burks signed with the Green Bay Packers on May 9, 2016. On September 5, 2016, he was released by the Packers after initially making the 53-man roster the day before. Burks was signed to the Packers' practice squad on November 2, 2016. On November 11, 2016, he was released from the Packers' practice squad.
New York Jets
In April 2018, Burks participated in The Spring League, a developmental league to highlight players in front of NFL and CFL scouts. Burks was the first player signed to a professional team when he agreed to terms with the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL on April 16. Burks made a splash during the preseason, recreating a Spring League play when, against the Hamilton Ti-Cats he reversed direction numerous times to avoid tackles for a loss, before streaking for a large gain. In the two preseason games, Burks had 13 carries for 69 yards, as well as 2 catches for 42 yards and a score. As a result, Burks was assigned to the practice roster after the preseason, but was promoted to the active roster for the team's week 4 game against Edmonton. He was also called up in weeks 6 and 15, handling reserve running back and returner duties in all three games, before being demoted back to the practice roster. Thus far, Burks has produced 46 yards on 9 carries, 3 yards on 4 catches, and 53 yards on 3 kick returns.
- McGinn, Bob (May 6, 2016). "A closer look at the Packers rookie free agents". JSOnline.com. Archived from the original on April 21, 2018. Retrieved April 21, 2018.
- "Brandon Burks – Troy, RB : 2016 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- "Packers sign T Jason Spriggs; announce roster moves". Packers.com. May 9, 2016. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- "Packers sign LS Goode; claim RB Pressley". Packers.com. September 5, 2016. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- "Packers sign RB Burks to the practice squad". Packers.com. November 2, 2016. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- "Packers sign TE Beau Sandland to practice squad". Packers.com. November 11, 2016. Retrieved November 11, 2016.
- Lange, Randy (December 28, 2016). "RB Khiry Robinson Placed on Injured Reserve". NewYorkJets.com.
- Allen, Eric (April 26, 2017). "Jets Waive Five Players". NewYorkJets.com.