Branislav Mihajlović (politician)
Branislav Mihajlović (Serbian Cyrillic: Бранислав Михајловић; born 1953) is a politician in Serbia. He has served in the National Assembly of Serbia since 2016 as a member of the anti-establishment and reformist It's Enough – Restart association, better known in English by the name "Enough Is Enough." In April 2018, he succeeded Saša Radulović as the leader of the association.
Born into a mining family, Mihajlović has a doctorate in technical science and worked for thirty-nine years at RTB Bor, where he was a manager and oversaw planning and production analysis. He was dismissed from the company in 2015 after making a series of critical posts about its ownership on social media; after receiving a notice of termination, he sarcastically thanked his former employers for demonstrating that he and they had nothing in common. The It's Enough – Restart group charged that the company targeted Mihajlović on political grounds. Mihajlović continues to reside in Bor.
Mihajlović received the sixth position on the It's enough – Restart electoral list in the 2016 parliamentary election and was elected when the list won sixteen mandates. The election was won by the Serbian Progressive Party and its allies, and Mihajlović serves as a member of the opposition. He is a member of the assembly committee on the economy, regional development, trade, tourism, and energy; a deputy member of the security services control committee; a deputy member of Serbia's delegation to the South-East European Cooperation Process Parliamentary Assembly; and a member of the parliamentary friendship groups with Iran and Kazakhstan.
Mihajlović was chosen as the leader of It's Enough – Restart on April 21, 2018, after the resignation of Saša Radulović. He won the contest without opposition; Tatjana Macura, the only other candidate, had previously withdrawn.
- Mirjana R. Milenković "Branislav Mihajlović: Rudarski sin", Danas, 24 April 2018, accessed 26 April 2018.
- "Inženjeru RTB Bor uručen otkaz zbog tvitova", N1, 17 June 2015, accessed 7 December 2017.
- 'Dosta je bilo': Politički progon radnika zbog tvitovanja, N1, 6 June 2015, accessed 7 December 2017.
- BRANISLAV MIHAJLOVIĆ, Otvoreni Parlament, accessed 7 December 2017.
- Избори за народне посланике 2016. године » Изборне листе (ДОСТА ЈЕ БИЛО – САША РАДУЛОВИЋ), Republika Srbija - Republička izborna komisija, accessed 18 March 2017.
- BRANISLAV MIHAJLOVIC, National Assembly of Serbia, accessed 7 December 2017.
- "DJB danas bira novo rukovodstvo", B92, 21 April 2018, accessed 26 April 2018.