Brian A. Joyce
|Brian A. Joyce|
|Member of the Massachusetts Senate from the Norfolk, Bristol and Plymouth district|
January 1998 – January 2017
|Succeeded by||Walter Timilty|
|Born||September 5, 1962|
|Alma mater||Boston College
Brian A. Joyce (born September 5, 1962) is a former Massachusetts State Senator and a member of the Democratic Party. He served for nine terms, representing the Norfolk, Bristol and Plymouth district, which includes Avon, Braintree Precincts 1A, 1B, 2A & 2B, Canton, East Bridgewater Precinct 4, Easton Precincts 3-6, Milton, Randolph, Sharon Precincts 2 & 3, Stoughton, and West Bridgewater.
On February 23, 2016, Joyce announced that he would not be seeking re-election to the Massachusetts State Senate for the next term.
- Milton High School (1980)
- Boston College School of Management B.S. (1984)
- Suffolk University Law School J.D. (1990)
- Chair, Special Senate Committee to Improve Government
- Vice Chair, Senate Committee on Redistricting
- Joint Committee on Health Care Financing
- "Brian A. Joyce". The General Court (Massachusetts). Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- Atwater, John (2016-02-18). "FBI, IRS investigating Massachusetts state Sen. Brian Joyce". WCVB-TV. Hearst Stations Inc. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- DeCosta-Klipa, Nik (2016-02-23). "State Sen. Brian Joyce says he won’t seek re-election". Boston.com. Retrieved 2016-02-25.