Brian Taylor (filmmaker)
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter, film producer, camera operator|
Taylor attended the Los Angeles Film School in Hollywood and began his career as a cinematographer, working on an independent film and low-budget shorts. In the early 2000s, Taylor united with Mark Neveldine, both becoming known for their engineering skills as cinematographers and camera operators. They invented "The Roller Dolly," and immediately submitted it for a patent. The hand-built device allows the duo to use rods to carry cameras and rollerblade simultaneously.
In February 2012, Taylor signed a seven-figure deal with Sony Pictures to write and direct a film adaptation of the Twisted Metal video game series. It would have been his first feature without his partner Mark Neveldine. As of 2016, the film has not been produced.
In February 2016, Taylor was announced as the solo writer-director of the horror comedy film, Mom and Dad. The film starred Nicolas Cage, with whom he worked on Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance as well as Selma Blair and Anne Winters. The film was released in theaters on January 19, 2018.
|2003||Biker Boyz||Visual effects artist|
|2006||Crank||Director, screenwriter, camera operator|
|2008||Pathology||Producer, screenwriter, camera operator|
|2009||Crank: High Voltage||Director, screenwriter|
|Kid Revolver||Executive producer, short film|
|2011||Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance||Director|
|2017–2018||Happy! (TV series)||Director, screenwriter|
|2017||Mom and Dad||Director, screenwriter|
- Brian Taylor > Biography – AllMovie
- McNary, Dave (February 12, 2016). "Berlin: Nicolas Cage Starring in Horror-Thriller 'Mom and Dad'". Variety. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- Hipes, Patrick (February 12, 2016). "Nicolas Cage Reunites With 'Ghost Rider' Helmer On Horror Thriller 'Mom And Dad' – Berlin". Deadline. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- McNary, Dave (June 22, 2016). "Nicolas Cage, Selma Blair Starring in Thriller 'Mom and Dad'". Variety. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- Miska, Brad (November 9, 2017). "'Mom and Dad' Turns Nicolas Cage and Selma Blair Into Maniacs". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
|This article about a United States film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|