This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Privately held family business|
|Markus Hankammer (CEO)|
|Brands||Brita (outside of the Americas), Mavea|
|Revenue||€469 million (2016)|
Number of employees
|1697 worldwide (2016)|
|Footnotes / references|
The company headquarters are in Taunusstein near Wiesbaden in Hesse, Germany with production facilities in Germany, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Italy and China. Brita products are distributed in 66 countries.
- The activated carbon removes substances that may impair taste, such as chlorine and chlorine compounds.
- The ion-exchange resin reduces the carbonate hardness (limescale) as well as copper and lead.
The filters do not purify water.
Brita was founded in 1966 by Heinz Hankammer. He named the company after his daughter.
In 1988, The Clorox Company, based in Oakland, California, entered in a licensing-and-distribution agreement with the German company for North and South America. In 1995, it added the Canadian rights by acquiring Canada's Brita International Holdings. In 2000, Clorox acquired the sole rights to the brand in the Americas and Brita agreed to a non-compete clause until 2005. In 2008, Brita returned to the North American market under the brand Mavea, only to withdraw again in 2016.[better source needed]
- Facts & figures. Brita UK. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "About BRITA Group". Brita UK. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- "Recycling service for cartridges," Brita UK. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- "Questions about products and water filtration," Brita UK. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- "How BRITA water filters work". Brita UK. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- HBS case 9-500-024, Jan 15th 2002, Page 1
- "Clorox Secures Brita Business In Americas", HomeWorld Business. November 27, 2000.
- Carr, Coeli (2010-05-20). "Pouring It On". Time Magazine.
- "The Best Water Filter Pitcher," Wirecutter. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brita GmbH.|