British Journal of Management
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Find out here|
|Edited by||Pawan Budhwar and Geoffrey Wood|
The British Journal of Management is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal, which was established by David T. Otley in 1990, and is published by Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the British Academy of Management. The current editors-in-chief are Pawan Budhwar of Aston University and Geoffrey Wood of Essex Business School.
The stated mission of the journal is to publish "empirical, conceptual and methodological articles across the full range of business and management disciplines", and to disseminate research that has the potential to make a "marked and positive impact on our social and work lives".
Abstracting and Indexing
The British Journal of Management is abstracted and indexed in the Social Sciences Citation Index, Scopus, ProQuest, EBSCO, PsycINFO, and Emerald Management Reviews. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the British Journal of Management has a 2016 impact factor of 2.982. This places the journal 44th out of 194 journals in the 'Management' category, and 35th out of 121 journals in the 'Business category'.
Throughout its history the British Journal of Management has published several "special issues", which focus on particular interdisciplinary themes. Recent special issues have included Managing Performance in a Global Crisis, which explored the challenges of accurately measuring company performance in the wake of the 2008 global financial crisis, and Understanding Ethical Behavior and Decision Making in Management, which investigated the reasons for unethical business decisions, using insights from both Management Psychology studies.
- British Academy of Management Website. Retrieved 3 October 2011
- Editorial Board members. Retrieved 3 July 2017
- Özbilgin, Mustafa F. (2010). "Scholarship of Consequence: New Directions for the British Journal of Management". British Journal of Management. 21: 1–6. doi:10.1111/j.1467-8551.2010.00691.x.
- "Abstracting and Indexing". Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "Managing Performance in Global Crisis". British Journal of Management. 23 (s1): 1–5. 2012. doi:10.1111/j.1467-8551.2012.00825.x.
- "Understanding Ethical Behavior and Decision Making in Management: A Behavioural Business Ethics Approach". British Journal of Management. 22 (s1): 1–5. 2011. doi:10.1111/j.1467-8551.2010.00733.x.