Broad Sustainable Building
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Xiangyin, Hunan Province, China|
|Zhang Yue (Chairman & CEO)|
Number of employees
Broad Sustainable Building Co., LTD (BSB) (Chinese:远大可建科技) is a construction company and a wholly owned subsidiary of Broad Group, specializing in developing prefabricated buildings. Several of its projects from BSB drew media attention after being erected in weeks, assembling up entire floors in a single day, while reducing costs. One of its projects, which is currently on hold, was to assemble the Sky City, a 220 floor building in Changsha in only 90 days. Once completed, the building can become the tallest in the world. BSB intends to license its technology worldwide and currently has six franchises in China with plans to 150 worldwide.
BSB currently has several completed projects. Some of those were filmed in time-lapse photography and created much media attention.
All BSB building are said to have the following advantages: magnitude 9 earthquake resistant, low cost of construction, high thermal efficiency (leading to low maintenance cost),environmental friendly (low pollution from construction) and inside air that is 9 times purer than outside air.
Record breaking projects:
- In 2010 BSB constructed Ark hotel: 15 story in just 48 hours.
- In 2011 BSB completed T-30, a 30-story hotel, in just 15 days. At a cost of less than $1000/sqm it is considered very low cost.
- In 2015 BSB completed J57, a 57 stories mixed use building in just 19 days.
Also in 2011, a 6-story dormitory was built in just 5 days.
- In May 2012 a 12 floors, 14,000 m2 building was completed by BSB in Zhauyuan, Shangdong, China. The building skeleton was constructed in 62 hours.
- In 2013 BSB built T25 in Yinchuan: A 25 stories tower in 17 days.
- In 2014 BSB completed Z15 Weihai, a 17 Stories skyscraper in 2 days 
Sky City was a project in Changsha, designed to build the tallest building in the world, 220 floors tall, using BSB technology in only 90 days. Some media publications put the time to completion at 210 days. The project was to be started on November 2012, but due to a delay in receiving government approval, that was put back to January 2013. In the end the start date was July 20, 2013, the Sky City skyscraper.
Cost estimations put the cost of Sky City at $1500/sqm of floor area.
BSB aims to grow by franchising. For a franchise serving 10 million people the franchise fee is $34 million and for a franchise serving 50 million people it is $50 million. Franchise fee must be paid up front. In addition, franchises in developed countries will pay royalties of $50/sqm of built space while franchises in developing countries will pay only $20/sqm.
- "BSB Broad Sustainable Building". 11 March 2015.
- Broad sticks to 90-day completion target by John Bambridge on Nov 19, 2012
- Profile AUG. 23, 2010
- [permanent dead link]
- "Location of Ark hotel".
- Ark Hotel Construction time lapse building 15 storeys in 2 days (48 hrs) - YouTube
- J220 Sky City Changsha - YouTube
- "3 Storeys in Each Day, China's New Normal, J57 BSB 一天三层 中国新常态".
- BSB Broad Sustainable Building 远大可建 Dormitory construction 5 days - YouTube
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-12-06. Retrieved 2012-11-17.
- "T25 Yinchuan: BSB builds 25 stories tower in 17 days".
- "Z15 Weihai: BSB builds 17 Stories in 2 days".
- China Plans to Build the World’s Tallest Building in Just 90 Days | TIME.com
- Could world's tallest building bring China to its knees? - CNN.com
- Prefab Sky City in China, world’s tallest building, to be up in 80 days Stephen Ng, Green Prospects Asia, July 26, 2012