|Full name||Brooke Amberlee Chaplen|
|Date of birth||16 April 1989|
|Place of birth||Portsmouth, England|
|2008||England Women's U-19||7||(1)|
|2008||England Women's U-20||4||(1)|
|2010–2012||England Women's U-23||8||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Brooke Amberlee Chaplen (born 16 April 1989) is an English footballer who plays for FA WSL club Sunderland Ladies. She plays as a midfielder and has represented England at U-19, U-20 and U-23 level. Chaplen previously played for Everton Ladies, Portsmouth and Chelsea.
Chaplen played for local teams Southampton and Portsmouth at the beginning of her career. Brooke scored for Portsmouth in the 5–0 league win over Reading Royals in February 2006, and in the 2–1 victory against Millwall Lionesses in April 2007. She joined Chelsea for the 2008–09 season. only spending a year at the club before moving on to Everton. She scored once in the league for Chelsea, in the 5–0 away win at Fulham on 28 August 2008. Chaplen also scored and claimed three assists in Chelsea's 9–1 demolition of Rotherham in the FA Women's Cup on 4 January 2009. Chaplen played for Portsmouth from 2005 until 2008. She had played for rivals Southampton from 2002, as a youth player.
Chaplen joined the Blues at the start of the 2009–10 season. She played a big role in Everton's 2010-11 UEFA Women's Champions League campaign, scoring a hat-trick against MTK Hungaria in the round of 32, as well as a brace against Denmark's Brondby IF a month later in the round of 16. So far Chaplen has made ten league appearances for the Blues, featuring in the 1–0 derby win over Liverpool in July 2011 and the 3–1 win over former club Chelsea in August. She made her FA WSL debut for the Toffees in the 1–1 draw with Doncaster Rovers Belles on 20 April 2011.
Sunderland A.F.C. Ladies
When the 2014 campaign ended in Everton's relegation, Chaplen was handed a free transfer. She signed for Sunderland Ladies, who replaced Everton in the top flight, prior to the following season.
Chaplen was part of England's squad for the 2008 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup in Chile. The midfielder played and scored in England's opening game, a 2–0 win over Chile on 19 November 2008. She went on to play in the games against Nigeria on 22 November and New Zealand on 26 November as England came second in their group to qualify for the quarter-finals. Chaplen started the quarter-final against the USA but was substituted in the second half as England lost 3–0 and crashed out. In total, Chaplen played four games for England U-20s, scoring one goal.
In 2010, Chaplen was called up to the England Women's U-23 squad for the Four Nations Tournament. She had made her debut for the side against Germany in February 2010, and her most recent appearance for the side was on 25 February 2011, in the 1–1 draw with Norway. The Norway match was part of the La Manga tournament, where England also played against the USA and Sweden.
- Birth records 1837–2006 – Brooke Chaplen, Portsmouth Retrieved 7 November 2011
- Brian lacking strength at Portsmouth – Sport – Reading Post
- Sunday April 8th Southern Division Fixtures
- "TheFA.com – Premier League Countdown" Retrieved 18 August 2011
- "Fulham vs. Chelsea – 28 August 2008" Retrieved 18 August 2011
- "Chelsea FC – LADIES MAKE CUP PROGRESS" Retrieved 8 May 2014
- "Brooke Chaplen Portsmouth LFC Brighton 10/10/06" Retrieved 8 May 2014
- "October Newsletter". Mayville High School. 2002. Archived from the original on 31 December 2008. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- "Everton – Brooke Chaplen" Retrieved 17 August 2011
- "Brooke Chaplen Player Profile, Everton" Retrieved 18 August 2011
- "Everton Player Squad, TheFA WSL" Retrieved 18 August 2011
- "Everton 1–1 Doncaster" Retrieved 18 August 2011
- "Duo Depart". Everton L.F.C. 13 December 2014. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Brooke Chaplen: Sunderland sign ex-Everton player for WSL opener". British Broadcasting Corporation. 23 March 2015. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "TheFA.com – Brooke Chaplen" Retrieved 18 August 2011
- "Chile 0–2 England". FIFA.com. 19 November 2008. Archived from the original on 22 October 2012. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- "England v New Zealand". FIFA.com. 26 November 2008. Archived from the original on 25 October 2012. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- "FIFA.com – Brooke CHAPLEN" Retrieved 17 August 2011
- "TheFA.com – Results" Retrieved 18 August 2011
- "Five Blues In England Squad" Retrieved 18 August 2011