Bruce J. Oreck
|United States Ambassador to Finland|
September 10, 2009 – July 2015
|Preceded by||Michael Butler (Acting)|
|Succeeded by||Charles Adams|
|Born||January 3, 1953|
New York City, New York
|Alma mater||Johns Hopkins University|
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge
New York University
Oreck holds a Bachelor of Arts from The Johns Hopkins University, and a Juris Doctorate from Louisiana State University, as well as a Master of Laws in Taxation from New York University. He became a partner in a New Orleans law firm representing the oil and gas industry. In 1992 he founded his own firm, Oreck, Crighton, Adams & Chase.
Here comes green diplomacy, here comes Noopolitik, here comes Oreck's [...] advice of turning a significant piece of the Department of Defense's gargantuan budget into a global investment for peace, prosperity, exemplarity and the Blue Economy rather than for destruction, just as Jimmy Carter had advised.
- "Attorney Bruce J Oreck". Lawyer Central. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Oreck, Bruce J." U.S. Department of State. Archived from the original on 30 August 2009. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- Noel Brinkerhoff (1 December 2009). "Ambassador to Finland: Who is Bruce Oreck?". AllGov. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- Bruce Oreck: ”Minuun on tarttunut suomalaisuutta” Oma aika. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- Idriss J. Aberkane; Eirin B. Haug (8 October 2012). "Noopolitik in the Arctic". E-International Relations. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
| United States Ambassador to Finland