Bruno van Pottelsberghe
Bruno J. M. T. G. van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie (born 17 August 1968 in Uccle, Brussels, Belgium) is a Belgian economist. He is a Full-Time Professor at the Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management (SBS-EM), Brussels, Belgium, of which he is the Dean since 2011, and a Senior Fellow at the Bruegel think-tank in Brussels.
He graduated in economics at the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB) in 1995 and obtained a Master (DEA) in Econometrics at the ULB in 1994. In 1998, he obtained a PhD in Economics at the ULB.
From September 1996 to September 1997, he was a research fellow at the ULB. From November 2005 to December 2007 he was chief economist at the European Patent Office (EPO). In October 1999, he became Associate Professor at the Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management of the ULB, holding the Solvay Chair of Innovation, where he is now a Full-Time Professor since October 2008. He was also a Honorary Professor at the School of Business, Management and Economics of the University of Sussex from Jan. 2010 to Dec. 2012.
- The Economics of the European Patent System: IP Policy for Innovation and Competition, Oxford University Press, 2007, with Dominique Guellec, ISBN 0-19-929206-X
- Lost property: The European patent system and why it doesn't work, Bruegel Blueprint Series, Volume IX, 29 June 2009, ISBN 978-90-78910-12-1
- Personal CV on the Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management web site
- Personal page on the Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management web site
- Interview with Bruno van Pottelsberghe, Staff Union of the European Patent Office (SUEPO), Interview conducted by Cynthia Matuszewski
|This Belgian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography about a Belgian economist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|