|Full name||Bryn Stephen Halliwell|
|Date of birth||1 October 1980|
|Place of birth||Epsom, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|2008–2009||Queen of the South||4||(0)|
|2011||→ Clyde (loan)||15||(0)|
|2014||Heart of Midlothian||0||(0)|
|2017||Forfar Athletic (trial)||1||(0)|
|2017||→ Greenock Morton (loan)||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:14, 13 May 2017 (UTC).
Halliwell started his career in the youth team at London side Wimbledon, before moving in the Scottish Football League with Clyde. After leaving the Cumbernauld side in 2005, Halliwell spent the next six years playing for seven different Scottish clubs, culminating in a loan spell back at Clyde from former rivals Partick Thistle.
He began his career at the now defunct Wimbledon, but it was at Clyde, whom he joined in 2000, where he established himself. Halliwell remained with Clyde for five years, and in 2005 signed for Dunfermline Athletic.
During Halliwell's Dunfermline career, Allan McGregor was signed on loan from Rangers, meaning the Englishman slipped to being second-choice goalkeeper. However, since Rangers would not permit McGregor to play against them, Halliwell would take his place whenever the Pars played the Glasgow club.
After leaving St Johnstone he teamed up with his former manager at Clyde, Billy Reid, at Hamilton Academical where he went on to make a useful contribution to the teams successful season in the First Division, gaining promotion to the Scottish Premier League. Halliwell was offered a new contract by Accies but rejected it and left the club.
After a successful trial spell, Halliwell was signed by Queen of the South manager Gordon Chisholm minutes before their first pre-season game against Scottish Football League newcomers Annan Athletic on 12 July 2008.
In July 2009, Halliwell joined Greenock Morton on a month-long contract as cover for the injured Kevin Cuthbert. He made his competitive début in the Challenge Cup against Dumbarton on 26 July. At the end of his month-long deal, Halliwell was released before the transfer window shut allowing him to sign for another club at any time outwith the window.
In the middle of November 2009, Halliwell signed for Forfar Athletic, subsequently moving to Partick Thistle in January 2010. In February 2011, having lost his place in the Partick team, Halliwell returned to his former club Clyde, on loan till the end of the season. He was released by Thistle at the end of the season.
After a spell in the junior ranks with Gartcairn, Halliwell appeared for Forfar Athletic as a trialist on 11 March 2017 in a 2–1 defeat to Edinburgh City following a suspension to regular keeper Grant Adam.
- "St Johnstone 0–0 Clyde". BBC Sport. 5 August 2006. Retrieved 16 September 2008.
- "Dumbarton 0–1 Morton". BBC Sport. 26 July 2009. Retrieved 7 August 2009.
- "Halliwell free agent again". Scottish Football League. 1 September 2009. Retrieved 1 September 2009.
- "Keeper signs for Sky Blues". The Courier (Dundee). 19 November 2009. Retrieved 19 November 2009.
- "Thistle Swoop To Sign Goalkeeper Bryn Halliwell". theglaswegian.co.uk. 8 January 2010. Retrieved 13 February 2010.
- "Triple Capture". Clyde F.C. 10 February 2011. Retrieved 10 February 2011.
- "Halliwell joins Sauchie". Scottish Football League. 10 August 2011. Archived from the original on 20 August 2012. Retrieved 4 November 2011.
- Bryn Comes In Archived 20 August 2014 on Wayback Machine.
- Mitchell, Jonathan (1 April 2017). "Halliwell signs on loan until the end of the season". Greenock Morton F.C. Retrieved 1 April 2017.