Edlin "Buddy" Terry (January 30, 1941 - November 29, 2019) is an American jazz musician and alto/tenor sax player. He was born in Newark, New Jersey. In the 1960s and 1970s Terry made albums for Prestige Records and Mainstream Records. He played with the group Swingadelic from 2000 to 2010.
- 1967 Electric Soul! (Prestige)
- 1968 Natural Soul (Prestige)
- 1971 Awareness (Mainstream)
- 1972 Pure Dynamite (Mainstream)
- 1973 Lean on Him (Mainstream)
With Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers
- Child's Dance (Prestige, 1972)
With Billy Hawks
- Heavy Soul! (Prestige, 1968)
With Groove Holmes
- I'm in the Mood for Love (Flying Dutchman, 1976)
With Harold Mabern
- A Few Miles from Memphis (Prestige, 1968)
With Joe Morello
- Another Step Forward (Ovation, 1969)
With Alphonse Mouzon
- The Essence of Mystery (Blue Note, 1973)
With Freddie Roach
- The Freddie Roach Soul Book (Prestige, 1966)
- Organ-ized! (MediaMix, 2002)
- Big Band Blues (MediaMix, 2005)
- Another Monday Night (MediaMix, 2007)
With The Tonemasters
- Go With The Flow (Blues Leaf, 20040
- Jazz Greats Speak: Interviews with Master Musicians Roland Baggenæs - 2008 - Page 23 1461660017 One is called “Quiet Afternoon,” and it was recorded by tenor saxophonist Buddy Terry on the Mainstream label. I think that was the first tune anybody recorded of mine."
- Jimmy Heath, Joseph McLaren I Walked With Giants: The Autobiography of Jimmy Heath 1439901996 - Page 160 Jimmy and the other Jazzmobile instructors, like Lisle Atkinson, Frank Foster, Buddy Terry, Jimmy Owens, Sharon Freeman, and Norman Simmons, opened up the world of jazz professionalism for those of us older students who aspired to play ...
- All Music Guide to Jazz: The Definitive Guide to Jazz Music 087930717X Vladimir Bogdanov, Chris Woodstra, Stephen Thomas Erlewine - 2002 " .... and the boogaloo- tinged "One Track Mind"; there are some surprisingly gutsy solos from lesser-known tenor player Edlin "Buddy" Terry, ..."
|This article about a United States jazz musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|