This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Slogan||"Where the Waves of Fun Never End!" or "1,000,001 Gallons of Fun!"|
|Location||Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States|
|Owner||Bunker Hills Regional Park|
|Previous names||Bunker Pool|
|Operating season||Memorial Day-Labor Day|
|Water slides||6 water slides|
Bunker Beach has Minnesota's largest wave pool. The pool runs for cycles of 15 minutes on and 10 minutes off, and lifeguards rotate based on the wave pool's state. It is powered by compressed air and has an average temperature of 73 degrees.
Bunker beach has six full sized water slides, four of which are tube slides and two of which are body slides. A strict height requirement of 48" is enforced. Next to the "Twisted Towers", where two tube slides and the body slides are, there is a "Wiggly Walk".
A lazy river was added to Bunker Beach between the 2009 and 2010 seasons. Nine hundred feet long, it takes about 9–11 minutes to complete a lap. throughout the ride, the rider is sprayed with water jets, misters, and other water toys.
Rocky Bay, also added between the 2009 and 2010 seasons, is a small pool with two 10-foot Aqua Climb walls and two water basketball hoops. There is a special chair so that handicapped persons may enter the pool.
The Adventure Pool is a zero-depth entry pool with a play structure for "all ages". It has "spray cannons, three slides, and cascading walls of water". Its maximum depth is two feet.
Sand Play Area
Bunker Beach has a sandbox are with a small playground, "cranes, gadgets, and fountains of water".
Bunker Beach has volleyball courts and several picnic areas. Large cabanas can be rented and provide shade.
Bunker Beach forbids people from bringing in outside food. All food must be purchased in the park from one of two concession stands, the Tidal Wave Cafe or the Breakers Snack Shack.
Big Time Rush
- Voyageur IT - Web site Design, Development and Hosting for Central and Northern Minnesota. - http://www.voyageurit.net/ - Your Partners in the Voyage. "Bunker Beach Water Park". Bunkerbeach.com. Retrieved 2010-12-20.
- "Wave Pool at Bunker Beach". Bunkerbeach.com. Retrieved 2010-12-20.
- "Lazy Loop at Bunker Beach". Bunkerbeach.com. Retrieved 2010-12-20.
- "Adventure Pool at Bunker Beach Water Park". Bunkerbeach.com. Retrieved 2010-12-20.
- "Sand Play Area at Bunker Beach". Bunkerbeach.com. Retrieved 2010-12-20.