|Burton S. Blumert|
|Born||February 11, 1929|
|Died||March 30, 2009(aged 80)|
|Occupation||writer, publisher, investment advisor|
|Alma mater||New York University|
|Notable works||Bagels, Barry Bonds, and Rotten Politicians|
Burton S. Blumert (February 11, 1929 – March 30, 2009) was the president of the Center for Libertarian Studies in Burlingame, California, co-founder and chairman of the Mises Institute, and the publisher of LewRockwell.com. In a career that spanned almost 50 years until his retirement in 2008, he bought and sold precious metals as the proprietor of Camino Coin Company.
From 1959 until 2008, Blumert operated the Camino Coin Company, dealing in bullion and coins. Upon retirement he gave the company to a long-time employee. After retiring, Blumert remained an active discussant of commodities topics in the media.
In a 2008 interview he credited his experience in the coin industry as spurring him to adopt a libertarian political philosophy and to support fellow gold advocate Ron Paul. In 1988, Blumert was chairman of Ron Paul's first presidential campaign. Blumert was a close friend and supporter of the late Murray Rothbard, with whom he founded the Center for Libertarian Studies in 1975. As president of the Center for Libertarian Studies, Blumert published the Journal of Libertarian Studies, the Austrian Economics Newsletter, and the Rothbard-Rockwell Report. Blumert served as chairman of the Ludwig von Mises Institute and was publisher of LewRockwell.com (LRC).
In his often humorous contributions to LRC, he positioned himself as anti-Rudy Giuliani, pro-Barry Bonds, and skeptical of the medical establishment. A selection of Blumert's essays were collected into the 2008 book, Bagels, Barry Bonds, and Rotten Politicians, for which Lew Rockwell provided a foreword.
- Utley, Jon Basil (May 4, 2009). "Freedom fighter". The American Conservative. ISSN 1540-966X. Retrieved September 16, 2013.
- Blumert, Burt. "Under Pressure, Blumert Produces Military Records by Burton S. Blumert." LewRockwell.com. 3 May 2004. 
- Rockwell, Llewellyn H., Jr. "Foreword to Bagels, Barry Bonds, and Rotten Politicians." LewRockwell.com. 2008.
- Baedeker, Rob. "The gold standard: A precious metal that's not just an investment but a worldview too." SFGate.com 25 February 2008. 
- McCullagh, Declan. "Gold sales shine in dark economic times." cnet. 20 October 2008. 
- Blumert, Burton. "Ron Paul Is a Big Problem." LewRockwell.com. 6 August 2007. 
- Gordon, David. "Biography of Murray N. Rothbard (1926–1995)." mises.org. 
- ISSN 1080-4420, OCLC 29355495, 39756700
- Blumert, Burton. "I Hate Rudy Giuliani." LewRockwell.com. 5 November 2001. 
- Blumert, Burton. "All Baseball Players Are Mortal – Even Barry Bonds." LewRockwell.com. 29 April 2004. 
- Blumert, Burton. "Keep That Knife Away From My Chest." LewRockwell.com. 20 February 2002. 
- Blumert, Burton (2008). Bagels, Barry Bonds, and Rotten Politicians (PDF). Auburn, Alabama: Ludwig von Mises Institute. ISBN 978-1-93355-030-5. OCLC 316564315.