Busti Mill, July 2012
|Location||Lawson Rd., Busti, New York|
|NRHP Reference #||76001208|
|Added to NRHP||July 23, 1976|
Busti Mill, also known as the Old Mill, is a historic grist mill located at Busti in Chautauqua County, New York, USA. It was built in 1839 and remained in operation until around 1959 or 1960. In the later years, the mill was rented out and used sporadically, and the exact closing date is undetermined. The town of Busti deeded the mill to the Busti Historical Society on December 29, 1972.
The mill is part of the Busti Grist Mill & Historical Society Museum, and is open for the town's annual apple festival and by appointment.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Carlson, Norman. "Heman Bush and His Busti Mill." The Chautauqua Genealogist 12 No 3 (May 1989): 1-3. Print.
- Carlson, Norman. Consolidated Restoration History. Busti, NY: p.15, 2013. PDF.
- http://www.townofbusti.com/apple.html Town of Busti - Apple Festival
- Carlson, Norman. "Heman Bush and His Busti Mill", The Chautauqua Genealogist, 12(3) (May 1989): 1-3. Print.
|This article about a historic property or district in Chautauqua County, New York, that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This New York museum-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|