National Register of Historic Places listings in Onondaga County, New York
This is a list of the properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places listings in Onondaga County, New York. The locations of National Register properties and districts (at least for all showing latitude and longitude coordinates below) may be seen in a map by clicking on "Map of all coordinates". There are 152 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Of those, 53 are outside the city of Syracuse, and are listed here. The other 100 are covered in National Register of Historic Places listings in Syracuse, New York. One property, the New York State Barge Canal, spans both the city and the remainder of the county.
|Albany (Albany) – Allegany – Bronx – Broome – Cattaraugus – Cayuga – Chautauqua – Chemung – Chenango – Clinton – Columbia – Cortland – Delaware – Dutchess (Poughkeepsie, Rhinebeck) – Erie (Buffalo) – Essex – Franklin – Fulton – Genesee – Greene – Hamilton – Herkimer – Jefferson – Kings – Lewis – Livingston – Madison – Monroe (Rochester) – Montgomery – Nassau – New York (Below 14th Street, 14th to 59th Streets, 59th to 110th Streets, Above 110th Street, Islands) – Niagara – Oneida – Onondaga – Ontario – Orange – Orleans – Oswego – Otsego – Putnam – Queens – Rensselaer – Richmond – Rockland – St. Lawrence – Saratoga – Schenectady – Schoharie – Schuyler – Seneca – Steuben – Suffolk – Sullivan – Tioga – Tompkins – Ulster – Warren – Washington – Wayne – Westchester (Northern, Southern, New Rochelle, Peekskill, Yonkers) – Wyoming – Yates|
Remainder of county
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Alvord House||August 27, 1976
|Fred Sehr Park, North of Syracuse on Berwick Road
||Salina||Stone farmhouse of Alvord family, merchants in the salt manufacturing business of the Salina area in the early 19th century.|
|2||Baldwinsville Village Hall||May 9, 1997
|16 W. Genesee St.
|3||Borodino District School #8||January 4, 2007
|1845 Rose Hill Rd.
|4||Borodino Hall||July 28, 2006
|1861 E. Lake Rd.
|5||Dan Bradley House||December 12, 1978
|59 South St.
|6||Brook Farm||December 18, 2003
|2870 W. Lake Rd.
|7||Camillus Union Free School||May 28, 1991
|Jct. of First and LeRoy Sts.
|8||Carley Onondaga Site||January 10, 2011
|9||Christ Church and Manlius Village Cemeteries||January 25, 2007
|East Seneca St.
|10||Church of the Good Shepherd||May 8, 1997
|NY 11A, south of its junction with Webster Rd., on the Onondaga Reservation
||Onondaga Indian Reservation|
|11||Community Place||April 20, 1979
|S of Skaneateles at 725 Sheldon Rd.
|12||Mrs. I. L. Crego House||June 27, 2007
|7979 Crego Rd.
|13||Delphi Baptist Church||August 24, 1979
|14||Delphi Village School||May 22, 1986
|15||Drover's Tavern||April 18, 2003
|4065 Pompey Hollow Rd.
|16||Elbridge Hydraulic Industry Archeological District||June 15, 1982
|17||Elbridge Village Historic District||January 24, 2002
|Roughly along NY 5 bet. Skaneatetes Creek and Carpenter's Brook
|18||Charles Estabrook Mansion||April 26, 1996
|7262 E. Genesee St.
|19||Fabius Village Historic District||November 22, 2000
|Roughly bounded by N. West St., Mill St., Keeney St., and Fabius Town Line
|20||First Baptist Church of Camillus||June 8, 2001
|23 Genesee St.
|21||James and Lydia Canning Fuller House||July 3, 2003
|W. Genesee St.
|22||Genesee Street Hill-Limestone Plaza Historic District||July 29, 1982
|Roughly both sides of Genesee St., from Chapel St. to Limestone Plaza
|23||Lucius Gleason House||May 10, 1990
|314 Second St.
|24||Hazelhurst||May 28, 2010
|150 E. Genesee St.
|25||Gen. Orrin Hutchinson House||April 13, 1973
|4311 W. Seneca Tpke.
|26||Indian Castle Village Site||January 10, 2011
|27||Dr. John Ives House||August 29, 1985
|6575 E. Seneca Turnpike
|28||Jordan Village Historic District||September 15, 1983
|Roughly bounded by N. Main, S. Main, Elbridge, Clinton, Hamilton, Lawrence, and Mechanic Sts.
|29||Kelsey-Davey Farm||April 16, 1980
|NE of Skaneateles on Old Seneca Tpke.
|30||Lakeview Cemetery||March 13, 2017
|W. Genesee St. near Kane Ave.
||Skaneateles||19th century public cemetery that took in earlier burial grounds and includes one of the few extant Cass Gilbert buildings outside New York City|
|31||Liverpool Cemetery||May 26, 2015
|225 6th St.
||Liverpool||Mid-19th century cemetery is final resting place of many residents, particularly immigrants|
|32||Manlius Village Historic District||November 6, 1973
|Pleasant, Franklin, North, Clinton, and E. Seneca Sts.
|33||Martisco Station||April 5, 2007
|Martisco Rd., N of Lyons Rd.
|34||Mycenae Schoolhouse||August 11, 1983
|35||New York State Barge Canal||October 15, 2014
|Linear across county
||Baldwinsville, Cicero, Clay, Elbridge, Geddes, Liverpool, Lysander, Salina, Van Buren||Successor to Erie Canal approved by state voters in early 20th century to compete with railroads.|
|36||Nine Mile Creek Aqueduct||May 17, 1976
|NE of Camillus on Thompson Rd.
|37||Oran Community Church||January 24, 2002
|8560 Cazenovia Rd, NY 92
|38||Oran District No. 22 Schoolhouse||August 6, 1998
|Jct. of Ny 92 and Delphi Rd.
||Oran, in Pompey|
|39||Oswego-Oneida Streets Historic District||July 29, 1982
|Oswego, East and West Sts., and Sunset Terr.
|40||Pompey Centre District No. 10 Schoolhouse||August 6, 1998
|8354 US 20
||Pompey Center, in Pompey|
|41||Robinson Site (AO67-02-0001)||March 28, 1985
|42||Saint Mark's Church||March 9, 1997
|6492 E. Seneca Trnpk.
|43||Shepard Family Houses||December 22, 2015
|28 W. Genesee & 6 Hannum Sts.
|Skaneateles||Houses of prominent local family, built 1848 and 1901 respectively.|
|44||Shepard Settlement Cemetery||November 29, 2010
|Stump & Foster Rds
|45||Skaneateles Historic District||May 10, 1984
|Jordan, Fennell, E. and W. Genesee Sts.
|46||Reuel E. Smith House||July 27, 1979
|28 W. Lake St.
||Skaneateles||Designed by Alexander Jackson Davis|
|47||Levi Snell House||August 20, 1987
|416 Brooklea Dr.
|48||Solvay Public Library||October 31, 2007
|615 Woods Rd.
|49||Southwood Two-Teacher School||April 6, 2000
|4621 Barker Hill Rd.
|50||Stone Arabia School||April 12, 2007
|6453 NY 31
|51||Tefft-Steadman House||October 31, 2007
|18 North St.
|52||Whig Hill and Dependencies||May 12, 1975
|E. of Plainville at jct. of W. Genesee and Gates Rds.
|53||Wilcox Octagon House||July 28, 1983
|5420 W. Genesee St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Onondaga County, New York.|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in New York
- List of National Historic Landmarks in New York
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on January 12, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Cornelia E. Brooke (September 3, 1975). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Alvord House". New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2008-08-03. Note: Accompanying this are: "Accompanying two photos, from 1974". and "Accompanying nomination correspondence".
- A list of the above sites, with street addresses and other information, is available at Onondaga County, NY listing of National Register of Historic Places.Com, a private site serving up NRHP information.
- The Greek Revival in Syracuse is an online book of Greek Revival architecture in Syracuse.