|Industry||Business process outsourcing|
|Headquarters||Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, Germany|
Number of employees
|4,000 (March 2011)|
The buw Holding GmbH, was an owner-run German company based in Osnabrück acquired by Convergys through a definitive merger, is especially known for its call centres. buw has altogether about 6,000 employees who work in Osnabrück, Münster, Halle, Schwerin, Berlin, Leipzig, and Wismar. in Germany, Pécs in Hungary, and Timișoara and Cluj in Romania.
Jens Bormann and Karsten Wulf, who met at the University of Osnabrück, founded their company in March 1993 as b u. w (Bormann und Wulf) Telefonmarketing GmbH while they still were students. In 2001 the company was restructured. In 2002 employees founded the organisation Lernen fürs Leben ("Learning for Life") which is committed to projects in the Third World, in particular if they serve the purpose to teach people how to make a living on their own.
In 2008 the holding's turnover was EUR 76 million and in 2009 buw already employed up to about 3,700 people.
In February 2011 a call centre was opened in Timișoara, Romania.
In August 2016 Convergys Corporation has completed its previously announced acquisition of buw, By adding buw’s geographic footprint, complementary client base, and German language capabilities, Convergys becomes the second largest outsourced customer services provider in Germany. The combination creates a team of approximately 7,000 German-speaking service professionals, located in 19 sites and four countries – Germany, Hungary, Romania, and Poland.
The buw Holding GmbH consists of two main branches:
- buw customer care operations
(That's the part of the company running the call centres. It includes buw customer care operations Osnabrück GmbH, buw customer care operations Münster GmbH, buw customer care operations Halle GmbH, buw customer care operations Leipzig GmbH, buw customer care operations Schwerin GmbH, buw Hungary Kft. and buw Romania S.R.L.)
- buw consulting GmbH .
- 4.000 Mitarbeiter in 18 Jahren Archived March 26, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.: press release by buw Holding on 31 March 2011
- "Customer care specialist buw Group recently announced plans to open a new contact center in the fair trade city of Leipzig" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-07-07.[permanent dead link]
- "Germany's buw Holding, a telemarketing and customer care company, plans to invest EUR 10 million at its call centre in Pécs, in southwest Hungary". Archived from the original on 2012-09-21. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- "buw Holding from Germany has 4,000 employees and their affiliate, with its headquarters in Pécs, has been up and running since 2005". Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- "Die buw-Standorte". Retrieved 2011-02-21.
- "The buw Group (www.buw.de) was founded in 1993 by Jens Bormann and Karsten Wulf" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- Lernen fürs Leben e. V. auf der Seite des Ministeriums für Generationen, Familie, Frauen und Integration des Landes Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Portrait of Jens Bormann on Call Center Expert-Site
- Convergys Completes Acquisition of buw
- "The buw and PriceWaterhouseCoopers study of the German SME landscape outlines the current state of play and optimization potential in F&A processes.". Archived from the original on 2012-03-26. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- Official website (German)