César Fernández Ardavín
|César Fernández Ardavín|
22 July 1923|
|Died||7 September 2012
Boadilla del Monte, Spain
César Fernández Ardavín (22 July 1923 – 7 September 2012) was a Spanish film director and screenwriter. He directed 44 films between 1952 and 1979. His 1959 film El Lazarillo de Tormes won the Golden Bear at the 10th Berlin International Film Festival. His 1969 film The Wanton of Spain was entered into the 6th Moscow International Film Festival.
He was the nephew of the director Eusebio Fernández Ardavín and began his career working for him.
- Neutrality (1949)
- The Call of Africa (1952)
- An Impossible Crime (1954)
- The Cat (1956)
- El Lazarillo de Tormes (1959)
- The Wanton of Spain (1969)
- EFEabc_cultura / MADRID. "Muere el director de cine César-Fernández Ardavín". ABC.es. Retrieved 2012-09-07.
- "Berlinale: Prize Winners". berlinale.de. Retrieved 2010-01-15.
- "6th Moscow International Film Festival (1969)". MIFF. Archived from the original on 16 January 2013. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
|This article about a Spanish film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|