|Predecessor||Jinan Locomotive and Rolling Stock Plant|
|Founded||1910, as Jinan Machine Factory|
|Products||Rolling stock, metal structures|
CRRC Shandong Co. Ltd. (Chinese: 中车山东机车车辆有限公司; literally: "CRRC Shandong Locomotive & Rolling Stock Co.,Ltd.") , formerly also known as JRVEC (Jinan Railway Vehicles Equipment), is a railway rolling stock factory located in Jinan, Shandong, China, established in 1910 as a workshop of the Jinpu Railway.
CRRC Wind Power (formerly CNR Wind Power) is its wind power manufacturing subsidiary, established in 2010 in Songyuan.
Jinan Locomotive and Rolling Stock Plant was founded in 1910 as the Chinese: 济南机器厂; literally: "Jinan machine factory" in Jinan, Shandong Province, China. The factory was established with German backing as a repair works for the northern parts of the Jinpu Railway; in 1914 it became the property of the 'Jinpu Railway Authority', under state control.
From 1951 the company was named Chinese: 济南机车车辆修理工厂; literally: "Jinan rolling stock repair factory", and after 1958 Chinese: 铁道部济南机车工厂; literally: "Ministry of Railways Jinan Locomotive Works". The company operated mainly as a maintainer of steam locomotives. and also manufactured steam locomotives, including 117 YJ class and a small number of SY class.
In 1993 the company re-focused on manufacturing railway freight wagons, and was renamed Chinese: 济南机车车辆厂; literally: "Jinan locomotive and rolling stock works". At the beginning of the 21st century began to diversified into other areas, including steel structure manufacture.
In July 2007 the company name was changed to Jinan Railway Vehicles Equipment Co., Ltd. (JRVEC), a wholly owned subsidiary of the China North Locomotive and Rolling Stock Industry (Group) Corporation (CNR Group). After the IPO of China CNR, the subsidiary belongs to the listed arm of the group.
As of 2012 the company manufactured railway wagons, including tank, double-deck car transporting, open, flat, closed types, and wagon bogies. Other products included steel structures including communications towers, bridges, and wind turbine towers. The company also produced toilet systems and bolt tightening machines for specialised railway applications. The company had a production capacity of 7000 wagons per year.
CNR Wind Turbine Co., Ltd was established in Jinan with a capital of 100 million Yuan to design and manufacture wind turbines. CNR foresees a total investment of 3 billion Yuan to establish a facility with production capacity of 1000 wind turbines per year. On 4 September 2009 construction of a factory with a 500 turbine per year capacity began in Songyuan, Jilin province. The plant was fully complete by May 2011.
- "Company Profile", www.jrvec.com, Jinan railway vehicles equipment Co.,Ltd
- 济南轨道交通装备有限责任公司 - 历史沿革, www.jnjcc.com (in Chinese), archived from the original on 2012-03-22
- 第三类 济南机车工厂, sd.infobase.gov.cn (in Chinese), 山东省地方史志办公室 (Shandong Province history archives), archived from the original on 2013-11-26
- 济南轨道交通装备有限责任公司 - 企业简介, www.jnjcc.cn (in Chinese), archived from the original on 2012-10-29
- Duncan Cotteril, "YJ Class 2-6-2", www.railography.co.uk
- Duncan Cotteril, "SY Class 2-8-2", www.railography.co.uk
- "Products", www.jrvec.com, See subpages, retrieved October 2012 Check date values in:
- "(JREVC Brochure)" (PDF), www.jrvec.com (in Chinese and English), Company Introduction, p.2, retrieved October 2012 Check date values in:
- "(brochure of CNR Wind Turbine)" (PDF), www.jrvec.com (in Chinese and English)
- 中国北车风电产业园在济南奠基开工, www.chinacnr.com (in Chinese), 8 September 2009
- 中国北车松原风电产业园全面开工, www.chinacnr.com (in Chinese), 10 May 2011
- "CNR Wind Turbine builds new assembly plant in Songyuan City", business.highbeam.com, China Business News, 11 May 2011, archived from the original on 25 January 2013
- 北车风电公司首台风力发电机组正式并网发电, www.chinacnr.com (in Chinese), 9 August 2010
- 北车风电首台风力发电机组发往风场, www.cnrwind.com (in Chinese), 8 June 2010
- 北车风电首台2兆瓦风机成功下线, www.chinacnr.com (in Chinese), 15 April 2012