Cambrian is a division of the geologic timescale at the end of the Proterozoic, named after Cambria, the Latinised form of Cymru, which is the Welsh name for Wales. The Cambrian period, during which the Cambrian explosion took place, is composed of the Early Cambrian, Middle Cambrian and Late Cambrian.
Cambrian may also refer to the following:
- Cambrian Mountains, a mountain range in Wales, derived from Cambria or Wales (modern)
- Cambrian Heights, Calgary, a neighbourood in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Cambrian Park, San Jose, California, a neighborhood of San Jose, California, United States
- Cambrian, New Zealand (also called Cambrians), a former gold-mining settlement in Central Otago
- Cambrian Railways, a defunct railway company in Wales
- Cambrian Airways, a Welsh airline begun in 1935, later absorbed by British Airways
- Cambrian News, a Welsh newspaper
- The Cambrian, the first Welsh newspaper to be printed in Wales; founded in 1806
- The Cambrian, a Welsh newspaper printed in the USA 1880 - 1919
- Cambrian James, an American actor
- Exercise Cambrian Patrol, an annual patrolling competition that takes place throughout the Cambrian Mountains of mid-Wales
- HMS Cambrian, the name of five Royal Navy ships
- Cambrian College, a college in Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
- Cambrian School District, a school district in San Jose, California, United States
- Cambrian Centre, a shopping centre in Newport, South Wales
- Cambrian Colliery, Clydach Vale, scene of major explosion disasters in 1905 and 1965
- Cambrian & Clydach F.C., a football club in Wales
- Cambrian Way, a Welsh footpath
- Cambrian (hentai), a hentai anime
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cambrian.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.