Cambridge School of Culinary Arts
Cambridge School of Culinary Arts (CSCA) is a professional school located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It offers several certificate and professional programs, including a culinary studies and pastry specialization. It also offers a variety of open-enrollment, one-day classes available to the general public.
Cambridge School of Culinary Arts was founded in 1974 by Roberta L. Dowling, CCP with classes in classical European cookery from her home. With the expansion of the program, Dowling moved the program to its current location at 2020 Massachusetts Avenue in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The program grew to over 400 students by the 1980s when Dowling decided to apply for accreditation for the school. The school was accredited in 1981 by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Department of Education and then by NATTS (National Association of Trade and Technical Schools) in 1989.
The Cambridge School of Culinary Arts offers a diverse set of programs including-
- Professional Chefs Program - 37 weeks in length with 20 hours of instruction per week
- Professional Pastry Program - 37 weeks in length with 20 hours of instruction per week headed by French Master Pastry Chef Delphin Gomes
- Culinary Certificate Program - 16 weeks in length with 19 hours of instruction per week
- Certificate Pastry Program - 16 weeks in length with 19 hours of instruction per week headed by French Master Pastry Chef Delphin Gomes
The school offers a diverse blend of recreational classes for amateur cooks and professionals. Examples include classes on preparing classical sauces, gluten free cooking, multi-day basic cooking classes, ethnic cookery, knife skills, pastry, and other frequently arising topics of interest.
The school has also offered culinary trips for both amateurs and professional chefs. Past trips have included Umbria, Italy and San Marino, Italy as well as Beijing, Xi'an, Suzhou, Shanghai, Hong Kong.
The Cambridge School of Culinary Arts is accredited by-
- Massachusetts Department of Education
- The National Association of Trade and Technical Schools (NATTS) The school replaced its NATTS accreditation with ACCSCT 
- The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT) The school voluntarily relinquished its ACCSC (formerly ACCSCT) accreditation in June 2015.
- It is also endorsed by the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP)
Food Production Related Businesses
- Davio's Restaurant, with locations in MA & PA - Steve DiFillippo '84
- Off Broadway Diner, Taunton, MA - Nuno Souza '02
- Hash House a go go, San Diego, CA - Craig "Andy" Beardslee '88
- Cambridge School of Culinary Arts, About Cambridge School of Culinary Arts Archived 2007-05-22 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Cambridge School of Culinary Arts, Career Programs". Archived from the original on 2007-04-29. Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- Cambridge School of Culinary Arts, Recreational Calendar and Class Availability Archived 2007-05-22 at the Wayback Machine.
- school website 2/5/16
- "CSCA Alumni Owned Businesses". Archived from the original on 2007-05-23. Retrieved 2007-05-11.