Canadian Coast Guard Ship
Prior to the formation of the Coast Guard in the 1960s ships operated by the Canadian Department of Fisheries and Oceans (now known as Fisheries and Oceans Canada) were named with either the CGS prefix for Canadian Government Ship (Le CGS in French) or DGS for Dominion Government Ship.
- Equipment of the Canadian Coast Guard lists vessels of the Coast Guard
- Her Majesty's Canadian Ship or HMCS a prefix used by the Royal Canadian Navy
- "Navire - Garde côtière canadienne: NGCC LOUIS S. ST-LAURENT" (in French). Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- "USQUE AD MARE - Naval Service - Canadian Coast Guard". Archived from the original on 2014-03-05. Retrieved 2010-03-19.
- "USQUE AD MARE - The Alert - Canadian Coast Guard". Retrieved 2010-03-19.
- "CGS Canada: A Canadian Warship in the Florida Keys" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-03-19.
- "USQUE AD MARE - Service Naval - Garde côtière canadienne" (in French). Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- "HMCS NADEN". Retrieved 2010-03-19.
- McKinlay, William Laird (1976). Karluk: The great untold story of Arctic exploration. London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson. p. 81. ISBN 0-297-77164-7.