Canciones Que Duelen
|Canciones Que Duelen|
|Studio album by Espinoza Paz|
|Released||27 September 2011|
|Genre||Regional Mexican, Latin pop|
|Espinoza Paz chronology|
Canciones Que Duelen (Songs That Hurt) is the fourth studio album by Mexican recording artist Espinoza Paz. It was released by Disa Records on 27 September 2011, one year after the release of his previous studio album. Espinoza Paz worked as producer and songwriter of all the tracks included. The album entered at number one in the Billboard 's Latin Albums and Regional Mexican Albums charts, while peaking atop the albums chart in Mexico. The first single, "Para No Perderte", reached the top twenty of the Billboard Top Latin Songs chart. A DVD with music videos to all the songs is included on the deluxe edition of the album.
Following the success of his previous studio albums, Espinoza Paz agreed to participate as a coach in the Mexican version of the reality show The Voice. The show resulted in a rating success in the country. During this period the singer decided to release his fourth studio album, after his personal management and the record label worked together to convince him. "These songs were just for me, but I was told that I had to share it with my fans," Espinoza Paz said about the release. Two weeks before the release of Canciones Que Duelen, the singer received his first Latin Grammy Award nomination as a performer for his album Del Rancho Para el Pueblo.
Canciones Que Duelen includes 12 new songs written by Espinoza Paz, and a "norteña" version of "El Culpable", the last single from his previous album. According to the singer all the tracks included are very personal to him, especially "Fuiste Mía Alguna Vez" ("You Were Mine Once") which reminds him of a previous love relationship; also, "Tus Ojos" ("Your Eyes") and "Madrecita Querida" ("Dear Mother") are very close to his feelings. "The songs are based by the experiences I've had with love, and not necessarily with several women, because with one single love relationship I can be inspired to write many songs," Espinoza Paz stated about his inspiration for the album.
In the United States, the album debuted and peaked at number one in the Billboard Latin Albums, becoming his second number-one album, after Yo No Canto, Pero Lo Intentamos in 2009. On the Regional Mexican Albums chart, Canciones Que Duelen is the third number-one album for Espinoza Paz. At the Mexican Albums Chart Canciones Que Duelen debuted at number two, climbing to number one two weeks later.
|Mexican Albums Chart||1|
|U.S. Billboard 200||121|
|U.S. Billboard Top Latin Albums||1|
|U.S. Billboard Regional Mexican Albums||1|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold (Latin)||50,000^|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
All songs written and composed by Espinoza Paz.
|1.||"A Tí Mujer"||3:26|
|3.||"Del Rancho a La Ciudad"||3:16|
|5.||"El Camino Más Corto"||2:54|
|6.||"El Culpable [Norteña]"||3:38|
|7.||"Para No Perderte"||2:43|
|8.||"Fuiste Mía Alguna Vez"||3:25|
- Canciones Que Duelen (CD liner notes). Disa. 2011.
- Orduña, Nancy (September 29, 2011). "Espinoza Paz presenta su álbum "Canciones que duelen"" (in Spanish). Starmedia. Retrieved October 10, 2011.
- Agencias Mexico (September 20, 2011). "Su 'voz' se impone". El Siglo de Torreón (in Spanish). Retrieved October 10, 2011.
- "Espinoza Paz tiene "Canciones que duelen"" (in Spanish). El Informador. September 29, 2011. Retrieved October 10, 2011.
- "Latin Grammys: The complete list of nominees". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Company. September 14, 2011. Retrieved October 6, 2011.
- "Del Rancho Para el Pueblo — Espinoza Paz — Overview". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved October 10, 2011.
- "Espinoza Paz – Chart History". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved October 10, 2011.
- "Espinoza Paz – Chart History – Regional Mexican Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved October 10, 2011.
- "Espinoza Paz – Canciones Que Duelen (album)". Top 100 Mexico. Hung Medien.
- "Espinoza Paz – Canciones Que Duelen". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media.
- "Semana Del 06 al 12 de Febrero del 2012" (in Spanish). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-02-06.
- "American album certifications – Espinoza Paz – Canciones Que Duelen". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click Type, then select Latin, then click SEARCH