Cannon family (Canada)
This article does not cite any sources. (September 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The extended Cannon family has had strong regional and national political influence in Canada for over a century and is considered to be influential as one of Canada's hereditary ruling class families, members having served in positions as lawyers, judges, Supreme Court judges, senators, ministers of defence, solicitors general, and Members of Parliament. They have had large influence in the national resource industries, as "barons" in the lumber industry particularly, as well as in broadcasting.
- Joe Cannon, Canadian broadcaster, now in the USA
- Lawrence Arthur Dumoulin Cannon, long-time Liberal politician and Supreme Court judge
- Lawrence Cannon, is a Canadian politician from Quebec and Prime Minister Stephen Harper's Quebec lieutenant.
- Louis Cannon, government lawyer, husband of Rosemary "Posie" Power
- Charles "Chubby" Power, a confidante and Minister of National Defence for Air to Prime Minister Mackenzie King
- Rosemary "Posie" Power, Québécois television broadcast pioneer, wife of Louis Cannon