Canton Independent School District
|Canton Independent School District|
ESC Region 10
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 4A |
|Colors||green and white|
There are four campuses in Canton ISD -
- Canton High School (Grades 9-12)
- Canton Jr. High School (Grades 6-8)
- Canton Intermediate School (Grades 3-5)
- Canton Elementary School (Grades PK-2)
Statistics (per 2006)
The attendance rate for students in the district is 97%, compared with a state average of 96%. 32% of the students in the district are economically disadvantaged, 10% enroll in special education, 5% enroll in gifted and talent programs, 22% are enrolled in career and technology programs, and 3% are considered "limited English proficient."
Teachers in the district carry, on average, 15 years of teaching experience and 4% of the teachers on staff are first-year teachers. 83% of the teachers hold bachelors, 16% hold masters, and less than 1% hold doctorates.
- Texas Education Agency AEIS Report - Canton ISD[permanent dead link]. Retrieved on 15 December 2007
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-05-13. Retrieved 2007-12-16. . Retrieved on 15 December 2007
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.
- Canton Independent School District
- Canton High School 3 time State UIL Champion Marching Eagle Band
- KWJB RADIO broadcasting East Texas high school sports
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|